Chapter 4

Aimen POV

Ammi and bhabhi have prepared few dishes for the arriving guest. Ammi couldn't stop fussing about how things shouldn't be here or there. And in the  very long time she didn't give any chores for me and told me to relax.

It took all in me not to take a popcorn bag and sit in the sofa cuddling with Aidah and Rayn and watch the chaos going. When the clock stroked 4 ammi literally pushed me in my room to get ready. Even I locked the room from inside as i didn't wanted appi to paint my face with Make up.

Keeping it simple and elegant with a ponytail and dupatta draped on my head I gave a thumbs up to myself I left the room door open to let everyone give last minute instructions to me

Ammi would constantly remind me to behave myself. The guest came over within an hour, I was in my parents room and waited for the Bulawa  (call) for me to come.
In some time appi came to call me in and she had this weird expression which she rarely had.

"Kya hua hain appi?" I asked not really knowing what to decipher from her.
She just shrugged her shoulder and went in there living Room .

When we entered the room, I sneakily glanced at the guest but I couldn't find any man of Ahad's bhai age.
Saying Salam to everyone I seated beside bhabhi.

"Kabir bhai, I'm sorry that zaamin couldn't come with us. Because after your call when I informed him, he first wanted to perform istiqhara prayer and unfortunately he got a negative response. So that is the reason he didn't come and wanted to make things less awkward for Aimen beti. Although I wanted to cancel the meeting but he only insisted that I go and make everything clear face to face. "Uncle spoke in a very polite tone cautious not to hurt anyone of us with impolite words .
As he was explaining everything my mind couldn't stop doing a happy dance. My grin became wider and wider with his words.

"Zain you shouldn't be apologizing for what Allah swt has planned.  I'm glad zaamin did the prayer which completely slipped my mind. I would have been happy if he would have also come. " baba told and just like this the tension in the air vanished and the dinner was started.  Baba and uncle shared all their memories with us and how it was in their times.

Aunty is really a sweet person who wouldn't stop gushing about me. Thankfully she didn't mention about her son during the whole time.

We were bidding our goodbyes to them when a car rolled in the drive way. A man of bhaiya age came in with little more stubble on his cheeks , wearing a white salwar kameez walked up towards where the gents stood.

We couldn't hear exactly what they were saying,  when aunty interrupted saying that it was her son. I rushed inside as I didn't wanted to make things awkward and even the kids were inside. When I entered the living room the sight in front of me was one to watch.

Mannat baby was having her strawberries which appi gave her, which she was sharing with Aidah and Rayn seated in the play pen.  I joined them and played with them for a while, and then everyone entered the room and to my surprise Rayyan bhai also came.