Chapter 17

Aimen POV

We came back home the next day. Rayyan was in better spirit now, he even asked me to consider working.

After coming back, I went to Sarah appi's room. She is in her last month of her pregnancy and everyone are elated, eagerly waiting for the arrival of new member.

I went in her room to find her folding laundry.

"I'm bored Aimen " she whined and groaning simultaneously. She looked clearly uncomfortable.

"Aap thik hain aapi?" I asked taking a seat beside her.
"I'm so tired of doing nothing. Baby bhi bahoot restless hain subah" she adoringly caresses her bump. I sat beside her and spoke to the baby.

"Nah tang karo meri behen ka khala ki jaan. Come soon your khala is waiting for you. " I spoke to the baby and the baby kicked in response.

We then spend some time in talking about baby names, clothing and all baby related stuff. Sarah appi is sure that it's a girl while zayd bhai says it's a boy. Even I have a feeling it's going to be a girl.

Baby nursery has been set up, with neutral theme. I just loved how the whole thing have come together. Rayyan was ecstatic about being a chachu, although he adores Mannat,Rayn and Aidah he couldn't wait for the baby to stay with us.

After spending some time with her I went in the kitchen to help chachi out. Chachi is an amazing cook and rarely allows anyone else to cook . Today I decided to cook special and also an apology to Rayyan .

"Chachi today I do all the cooking. And you be my instructor. Meri utni achi toh nhi hain so I might need little help. " I told her who was starting the prep.

"Aimen its hasn't been a week of marriage and you want to start cooking. Enjoy the perks of being newly wed. Aur rahi baath cooking ki woh toh seekhna padhega because Rayyan loves home food." My ears turned pink when she mentioned it. I was never a girl to blush but now its involuntary.

"Chachi jaan aaj banane ka mann hain. Please meri help kardein. "With a lot of pleadings she agreed to help me out.

I was going to make Nihari, rashemi chicken and biryani and naan from the restaurant. A full feast. And for the dessert I made lava cake and chocolate mousse.

It took a while to prepare everything, in between I teased chachi a lot. Chachi was avid reader of stories we shared this common hobby. We spoke about that.

Chachi called everyone for the dinner while I set the table with the help of a maid.

We all got seated and started our dinner when chachi informed everyone about meal prepared by me.

Chachu complimented me with almost every other note he took. Zayd bhai and Sarah appi almost didn't believe that I have prepared it.

I was mostly awaited for his response but he didn't really gave any surprisingly he didn't. Zayd bhai was hinting to him, but it felt like he had his deaf ear. I expected at some time for him to compliment but sigh!!!!

Chachi brushed me off to my room after the dinner saying she will take care of everything. I went in the room to find him lazily sprang on the bed with the laptop.
He paid no attention to me. I changed into my night suit and did all my routine with loud noises, just to capture his attention.
But janaab ko kuch sunai nahi de raha hain. Completing everything I slid onto my side of the bed into the covers.

I grabbed my phone to call ammi or aapi but either of them didn't receive my call. I went through social media . But that did bore me out as nothing seemed interesting. I turned towards him to find still in his laptop.