Chapter 18

Aimen POV

It was early in the morning when a petrified zayd bhai knocked on the door. We aren't asleep as we had read fajr and was about to hit the bed when he knocked .

Rayyan went to open the door while I went to grab my dupatta. I walked towards the door,while both the brothers were whispering with zayd bhai being frantic.

"You need to calm down zayd. Sarah will be alright. " he said to zayd bhai calmly.

"Sab khairiyat zayd bhai " I intervened in the between.

"Sarah is having contractions, I think we might have to go to hospital. She is really in pain" he said. "In sha Allah everything will be alright. Let's get going then." I said.

We went inside to change our clothes and headed downstairs, where everyone were present with Sarah appi groaning time to time.

Zayd bhai helped her get on her feet while Rayyan brought the car near the door.

"Aimen stay at home beta, I think it might take time for her to deliver to we all don't need to rush, I'm going and Husna and Wahab (Sarah's parents) are also going to be there. " chachi spoke, which is a sensible thing.

So me and chachu stayed back while they left for the hospital. Chachu went in his room while I strolled in the garden, it's was chilly weather perfect to enjoy some coffee.  I went in the kitchen to prepare myself a mugga of coffee.

While sipping on the coffee I scrolled through my phone, leaving a text message to appi and bhabhi informing Sarah appi in labor.

It was almost an hour they left yet I had not received any call. I called Rayyan to know.
I had to wait for a few seconds before he left the call.

"Assalamualikum " he spoke from the other end.
"Walaikumsalam. Sarah appi kaisi hain?" I asked him. She looked so tired and in pain when she left for the hospital. "She is the room, zayd informed it will take time before the arrival of chachu's jaan" happiness can be clearly sensed.
"Is that so, but woh toh khala ke munchkin hain. Toh aap toh khalu hue nah" I teased him, knowing well enough this will get on his nerves.

"Aise kaise khala hogi, zayd is my brother  so we have stronger relationship and aap toh hamari zowjah hain, so according to that you will be chachi. I will make sure baby call you chachi." He said in softer tone. I played with the petals of the orchids which were specifically planted by him. They were mine and his favorites. I had mine with orchids and lilies.
"Will see about that what baby will say. Waise aap ko kya lagta hain if it will be a girl or a boy.?" I asked him.

"I hope it's a girl. " he whispered out. Chachu and chachi always wished to have a girl. Everyone wanted a girl.
"I hope so too, where are you now?" I asked knowing he wasn't in the room with the others for obvious reasons.

"I'm in the canteen to get breakfast for all, Wahab chachu and Husna chachi also arrived. I don't know what to get" he sounded absolutely confused.
"Don't worry about food, I will prepare breakfast for all with the help of maid, you can pick it up.or  You can also rest for some time while the driver could drop." I suggested as we have slept late last night as we came home late.

I came in the kitchen and started preparing the dishes with some help as am no professional chef. I was engrossed with the dish I didn't notice the intruder .

"Booh" a loud voice came in my ear making me jump and also making me drop the salad bowl. A boom of laughter echoing in the kitchen.

"Uff Rayyan " I screamed at him throwing the spatula from my hand to him, also what ever came to my hands. He tried to dodge it  by running over to dining area making me run behind him. He sprinted off, I tried to catch him, but what do I say I lag with physical activity which left me breathless. Not being able to catch him, huffing I sat on the chair.

"Tired ?" He asked squatting down in front of me. "Was it necessary to do that?" I glared at him, who bobbed his head in response stifling his laugh. "I don't want to talk to you " I said getting up marching my way to the kitchen.

He tagged me along mumbling sorry , I accepted his apology on the condition to help with everything.

Another hour went by the time all the dishes were prepared. He went to freshen up and take a nap. I called chachi to know the progress who said it we  still have to wait for long.

I served the breakfast for us, while the driver took the breakfast for them to the hospital.

After a long awaited day, baby Zafeerah have arrived in our small world. We left for the hospital with chachu after isha prayer, Rayyan couldn't stop grinning as his intuition came correct..

We came in the room to find tears in the both grandmother's eyes while zayd bhai held his daughter protectively in his arms, sarah appi adoringly gazing at her small bundle of joy.

I congratulated her and zayd bhai. I was scared to take the baby in my arms. Newborn babies are so fragile I'm scared to carry them. I hesitated to carry them when aapi forwarded baby Zafeerah all swaddled in a pink blanket.

"Aimen don't need to be scared you have already held three babies before " Rayyan reassured me. Hesitating I picked the baby in my arms and my my, heart .
She looked adorable,small little pinkie teddy. I was captivated by her I nearly missed the camera shutter sound. I turned my head slightly to find him snapping some photo in his professional camera.

Ofcourse he had to capture these memories,  I even gave him some poses to snap with my baby...who looked stinking cute while sleeping.

A while later I had to give Zafeerah to Rayyan who was waiting for a while now. He carried her in his big arms. She hardly reached his ribs when he held her against his shoulder. A glimpse of adoration was seen, which is rare in men.  He looked...I can say good with baby in his arms , rolled sleeves paired with formal pants, that I secretly took a photo of him.

Later my whole family arrived, to meet baby Zafeerah, but only a few people were allowed in at a time as she still was a newborn who is prone to many infections.

Me and Rayyan headed home, as chachu decided to go to Wahab chachu home.

While on our way we picked up food, as we were craving mughlai.

"She is soo tiny. I was sweating when I held her scared if I held her tightly a bone might break" he whispered in the depths of the silence in the car.

"Even I was . Although this isn't my first time but it always feels like. You know I always used to think what will I do with my baby, I literally won't be able to touch the new little creation. " I spoke what came into my mind without thinking about it. As i ended the sentence i realized .

An awkward moment came between us. I tried to discreetly look at him,to find him staring right at me. I seriously want to know which of my nerves control the blush that comes to my face.  Because these days I tend to loose control over it.

"By how you adore the children in our family, I can reassuringly tell you will be a great mother. I might add an easy going mumma to be precise. And I have to be the strict parent among us. " he said with a deep husky tone.

The blush which was only prominent on my cheeks was all over my face now,luckily we reached home. The tension and awkwardness in the car burning away seemingly.

We then had our dinner and retired for the night too exhausted from yesterday and today.

.....all ready to start the new day.

*****
Author's note.

Assalamualikum
Heyy hope you all are doing good.

Thoughts on the chapter.?

Hope you enjoyed reading the chapter.

Do vote and comment.

Stay safe

Love,
Joyous soul