Chapter 11

Rayyan POV

What is love? It is different to everyone out there in the world. For me to love someone is to cherish them, be respectful to them, be kind ,be patient and most of all let your love  be their support, as they must know that you love them.

I don't remember exactly when I started to fall for Aimen, were the mischievous duo of the household. We would pull pranks , have mukbangs for our favorite foods and do things we always love.

There were times when I wanted to confess to her about my feelings, but I always find myself not worthy of her.

At the time of Ahad bhai marriage,  I was determined to confess to her. One day when I went to her college to pick her up,I overheard her conversation with her friend. I know it is wrong to intruder someone's private conversation but I couldn't stop myself.

I heard how Aimen how she first wants to persue her dream , and then meet her love of her life and then marry someone who is going to be of her taste . The features or the characteristics she wanted,some where not present in me. I knew if I proposed to her she would probably say not to it. I didn't have the heart to listen to her no at that time. I did what was right to me, I ignored her.

Through out the wedding I tried my best not to indulge in any conversation unless its important. And I did pretty good job in avoiding her. My heart knows how much pain it was to me to behave that way.

At the time of Zayd marriage, I wished to do the same. I avoid and pass the phase. But this time she was adamant on knowing why I changed.

There was another thing which compelled me not to propose to Aimen was that people thought I was just a laid back boy with no serious attention towards my job. I was looked as a person who can't be mature in any situation.

These two things made me realize how am I as a person or what type of person this society sees and portrays. I then did my best in showing them I was goal oriented person and had the potential in me to gain the success without my father's name. I started my own start up.

Alhamdulilah now it's going well. When she asked me, I realized how much I hurt with my ignorant attitude. It wasn't her fault that she didn't felt the same way as I did. It was her fault that I was an insecure person , which I no longer am. I had to take some counseling sessions to help with my insecurities.

It took time for me to make myself a better man. I then took the courage to tell abba about my feelings towards Aimen and talk about our alliance to taya abbu. He was about to call them for dinner at out place, when taya-abbu itself called us over at his place for Aimen success.

Abba announced the arrival of chotu family member in our family, he was about to say about the alliance when tabish arrived. He and  taya-abbu went to study. I was anxious about his arrival. They came downstairs after and hour ,announced the bomb. It was like lightning stuck me. I couldn't believe what I heard. I looked at abba and ammi and I understood I heard exactly what he said.

I signaled them not to speak about the alliance and let it go. We returned home with a heavy heart. I didn't knew what to do exactly do I say to them anything about my feelings to Ahad bhai or not. Then I realized I was again being selfish. Love is not just about you it's about the person we are being in love . The happiness of that person that matters. Few days later abba announced me about the Yes from Aimen.

My heart felt at ease just knowing she was happy about this. I didn't wanted to attend any the wedding . Later I convinced my parents to let me go away from here.

With a heavy heart , after seeing her giving the consent I left the place to go to Australia.
I took my flight and left. Eventhough I left, my heart wasn't at ease, when I landed I called zayd to inform him about my safe arrival. He spoke to me but he spoke to me in a strained voice. He sounded worried when I asked him, he shrugged away.

The whole week I felt very uneasy , no one spoke to me properly. When I pestered zayd about it he informed me about the accident.
What shocked me the most about tabish death, and Aimen being in coma.

It felt like I was again struck my thunder this time. I never wished about something like to happen. All I ever wanted was to them to be happy in their married life .

I don't know why I felt guilty about this . It felt like I was responsible, my evil eye casted on them. My mind couldn't stop thinking about this . I became an insomniac those days. Due to which I was asked to see a counselor, who helped me lessen the guilt about it.

When I became mentally stable I went home. I first thing I ever did was to go hospital. I wanted to make sure she was alright . Bhai was there I talked to him and when he went outside I poured out my heart to her.

I only wished her to be healthy. The next day bhaijaan announced about her coming out of coma. I did some charity for her . And asked the people to make dua for her health being.

I then didn't see her for many days or months I could say. I didn't let my thoughts wander to her knowing she wouldn't wanted to be intruded. I lost my temper when Ahad bhai told about the incident about how aunties were throwing some ridiculous accusations at their house and how she wanted to leave the house.

I never felt this sudden urge or need to protect someone with all my might through thick and thin.
I knew it wouldn't look ideal for me to propose this early but I told bhai my feelings to him and taya-abbu . I told them I wanted to protect Aimen through the right way.

At first both of them, declined knowing well Aimen wouldn't accept  but I urged both of them to saying , she wouldn't be unless there will be some pushover from someone.
And I assured them with my life that I would protect her and cherish her and give the respect she deserves .

My love wasn't just love, it is ishq . It is cloaked love.  It was hidden until I wanted it to be. It wasn't for anyone to know about it. I wanted my ishq to be known to the rightful owner of this heart . The rightful owner of my Cloaked love.

Author's note:

Heya everyone,

It's a double update.

Phew,long day today.

Hope you all liked the chapter. Hope it didn't looked rushed.

If it did look please to do tell me.

Next chapter Aimen POV.

I so want to update the new story . But I want it to be perfect as I can write.

Please do share your thoughts and reviews.

Vote for the chapter if you like . Comment away. And do follow me on my Instagram joyous_soul24.

Stay safe
Love,
Joyous soul