Chapter 19

Aimen POV

It's been a few days since  baby Zafeerah arrived in our lives. Sarah appi has gone over at her mum's place to stay over since Zafeerah's birth. Today it's the aqiqah ceremony.

Aqiqah: At the birth of a child, the Aqiqah is performed as part of the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). It involves the sacrifice of livestock; such as goats and sheep. It usually takes place on the seventh day after a baby’s birth.

We are supposed to go to their place in the evening.  Chachi have prepared few gifts for baby as well as for the new parents. Yesterday me and chachi have gone to shop few goodies for them and also others.

Rayyan was supposed to come along with us, but couldn't make it as few issues at his office needed his attention. I bought him a kurta pajama which almost matched with my outfit for the night. He was yet to arrive. I didn't shown him yesterday so I packed his gift in a box and kept it on the bed leaving a note on it.

By the time he would come, I thought to change my dress.

(Your author's not good at describing)

For the makeup I chose to keep it simple with a lip gloss and a eyeliner. I rarely applied mascara as my eyelashes were naturally long.

I was wearing my jewelry when the room if the door opened. I didn't have to turn who it was. "Assalamualikum " I said focusing on clapping the bracelet which is soo annoying that it isn't locking.
"Walaikumsalam, am sorry work was hectic. " he said, and I looked through the mirror to find him removing his ties and folding his sleeves. When the box on the bed caught his attention.

"What's this?" He asked to which I shrugged my shoulders.
He carefully tore open the wrap and took the letter out .

"To,
Zafeerah khalu.

Baby Zafeerah's khala would be happy to see you in this." He read the letter out loudly. I honestly never wrote any type of letters except for the ones in school which were for assignments.

He opened the box taking the kurta put.