Chapter 28

Aimen POV

It the last day of the trial against the fraudulent client. As the lawyer dig deeper about him it wasn't only 1 or 2 companies they tried to do this but to many small businesses.

He will surely had to pay a lot of penalties to all those whom he swindled. Rayyan along with all the gents of the family have gone with him to the court to support him. Be their for him. While all the ladies were present at our home. Zara bhabhi who is Salman bhai wife have also come along with Husna chachi.

Bhabhi was resting in the guest bedroom downstairs as she has been restless the entire day because of baby. The twins played with mannat and the two babies Idaaya and Zafeerah.

I helped the maid in the kitchen to prepare the lunch. Hopefully they would arrive soon. It is an important day for Rayyan so it is also an important day for me.

We were up from the dawn of the day. Both of us cuddled in our balcony watching the sunrise praising the beauty of the nature.
I've been feeling queasy from morning from all the nervousness.

I came in my room to call him. It was 2 in the afternoon they must have been home by now.

"Assalamualikum..Jaan we have won the case. The client have been sentenced to jail for fraudulent charges and he must pay us the amount for the loss we have faced because of him. The shareholders have joined in again as they were threatened by him. Everything is going to be alright." His happiness could be easily detected from his tone. I released the breath I was holding.

"Walaikumsalam this is excellent news you have given. Aap sab kahan hain lunch ke liye sab intezaar kar rahe hain. " I told him while folding away the cleaned clothes that came from the laundry.

"We'll be there in half an hour as most of the paperwork being done. Papa along with taya-abbu and chachu have already started from here. They must reach soon. I'll get the dessert for everyone. Aap ki kuch kwashish jo aapko khana hain?" He asked me. The urge to eat custard apple icecream hovered my mind. And I honestly want to have the whole tub of it.

"Custard apple icecream and chocolate chip cookies. Remember when we ate at the drive through. " the flavor of it was soo. My mouth watering at mere thought.
"Jo aapki farmaish aur kuch chaiye?" He spoke in soft voice which was reserved for me. I could imagine the smile dancing on his lips and the smirk when he always caught on to my shenanigans or when ever I discreetly tried to check him out. The key word being discreet as he always made clear on my actions.

"I don't need anything else. Ghar aajaye jaldhi. I'm waiting. " I told him. "Okay I will. Allah hafiz " with that he ended the call.
I prayed two rakat shukrana nafl prayer to thank almighty for letting Rayyan win the case.

I went downstairs to inform of the good news when baba and both the chachu's entered. They soon spoke about how the proceedings took place in the court room and how that jerk tried to deny every accusation knowing we had proof. The nerve of that guy.

Bhabhi joined us. She looked refreshed now after taking the nap.
I went in the kitchen with zara bhabhi as she wanted to help me with setting the table even though every single thing was already set. I just had to put it on the table.

As everyone cannot be seated at once I set the bar stools on the kitchen counter which was closer to the dining area so all can be seated at once.
Zara bhabhi was two years elder to me. She was an architect Masha Allah and continued her work. I missed working but as the time went by my interest to work went away. Rayyan has multiple times brought this certain topic whether I want to continue working but I denied . Honestly I don't want to work anymore. Call me crazy or what it was my call.