Chapter 23

Aimen POV

"I'm telling you Rayyan if I find even of my soft toys missing I will...I will hide your freaking trimmer and you won't be able to groom your stubble. " I shouted at him as we were heading home.

We packed everything gathered all the soft toys I won..ops he won but there were few missing and the mischievous grin plastered on his face that gave away he hid it.

"I' don't know what you are talking about. I didn't touch a single plushies of yours." He said taking my hand in his giving a gentle kiss on it. He looked handsome in his sea green shirt paired with denim Jeans with goggles on. He hardly takes 5 minutes to do the hair yet it always styles perfectly where as I do my hair for 15 minutes it will still look unkempt.

"This is unfair" I whispered underneath my breath.

"What's unfair jaan?" My heart skipped a beat on his endearment. He isn't allowed to give me such heartache I mean good ones suddenly.

"Your hair why does it only takes 5 minutes for you to style it perfectly? And mine not?"I grumpily complained. He laughed at me probably thinking where have I hit my head.

"Rayyan this is not a thing to laugh at" I tried to intimidate him but alas it doesn't work on him.
"So you find my hair perfect . I get it thank you. But it only professionals like me who can master this art and no one else." He said looking in the rear mirror of the car styling the already styled hair.

"Rayyan.........you are annoying me" I turned towards the window to look at the beautiful scenery around us. I was enjoying the view with my hand still in hold with him. With him causally lifting my hand and brushing his stubble on it.

I may or may not have slipped it that I secretly liked his beard. And from time to time he would tease me about it. We then stopped at a spot for few minutes. The view was breathtaking ofcourse my husband wanted to capture these moments. I stroked few poses for him to click away and I did few pictures of him . Not to forget we did click our photo by setting the camera on the car boot with the timer on.

 Not to forget we did click our photo by setting the camera on the car boot with the timer on

It was almost 5 in the evening when we reached home. It feels weird how I quickly changed it from chachu and chachi house to home.

As we rolled through the gates I could see other cars also present from which I could easily spot Ahad bhai which meant they were here.

No one knew at what time we would arrive home. When Rayyan called chachi to inform about the stay she insisted to stay for couple more days. Rayyan didn't tell her when we would come.

As I got down the car I felt every muscle in my body sore. It is this feel when you get home after being far away you become home sick or tend to realize how tiring it was unless we reach home. I stretched my arms out and open the back door to get my luggage out  but Rayyan beat me up. He set our both bags down and went to open the back door and got all my plushies .

I took all from his hands to let him carry the bags. When we came inside few murmuring could be heard.

"Nahi taya-abbu aap ko aaj yahi ruk jaana chaiye." Zayd bhai spoke to baba.

Rayyan and I both said our salaam loudly to let them know our presence in the room.
Every single person turned their head towards us and aapi was the first person to come and pull me in a hug.

I stumbled a little not expecting the hug when Rayyan balanced me placing his arm around my waist. Appi sheepishly said sorry to startle me and ammi playfully scolded aapi of being childish when she is a mother of two.

"Ammi I'm seeing her after almost a month. The last I've seen was when we met on Zafeerah aqiqah."Maham appi said. Even I missed appi although we spoke on calls but they feel of physically being with them is different.

I  settled down seating close to ammi and appi taking baby zafu and all the other kids cuddling  with me while Rayyan went in our room to keep the luggage after meeting everyone .

"Aimen you should've gone with him to settle the bags beta " ammi told me when I was busy listening to Aidah and Rayn stories of defeating their dadijaan and dadajaan in a race .

"Bhabhi let her relax, I'm sure Rayyan can handle it " chachi said to ammi where I smiled brightly to her. Then I spoke to bhabhi and appi  and Sarah appi who were teasingly glancing at me for some reasons. I brushed off as it would be their normal thing to do so. Bhabhi started her last trimester yesterday.  She was glowing. Pregnancy sure suited her. Appi didn't look like a mother of two, she still looks unmarried to me. I don't know what Imad bhai will think of this.Sarah appi looked gorgeous although she gained weight she looked good.

Fifteen to twenty minutes passed by still Rayyan hasn't come downstairs. Ammi glared at me to go upstairs or if it was to her she would have personally drop me off the room.

I excused myself and went upstairs heading to our room. I went in to find nobody in. I went in the closet to find both the bags open and the dirty laundry put away in the laundry basket. This small gesture is what makes the big difference. I was touched by it.

I closed the bags and put it away in the storage closet when Rayyan came out of the bathroom cladded only in a towel. My face automatically heated up with the hues of red as I sneaked a glance at him to find him staring right back at me.

He took small steps to reach where I stood the musky smell of his shampoo flared through my nostrils. He grabbed me by my arm and pulled closer the heat of his body heating me up.

"Chodien Rayyan, Sab intezaar kar rahe hain aapka" I stumbled with my words to form a proper sentence as the proximity affected me. "No one will be waiting. Instead they will send us off to rest.." he proudly said pecking my lips once, twice and thrice before deepening it.

We stood there in the safety of our room in each other's embrace until there was a knock on the door.

We retreated back Rayyan went to change I went to open the door to find appi with baby idaaya with her and Sarah appi.

"Sab intezaar kar rahe hain dinner ke liye" appi spoke throwing knowing glances at me while Sarah appi laughed.

"We'll be down in few minutes I need to freshen up " I informed her. As I was about to close the door appi spoke loudly, "Aimen we all are going to stay the night on chachu and chachi insistence.  We will be having a girls night out so better say  your husband not to disturb us."

I turned to find Rayyan standing with a shock expression making me burst out laughing.

"No one will disturb us. Rather send us off to rest ....." I imitated him laughing. He stomped his feet before leaving the room.

......moments are what we cherish lifetime.

******

Author's note:
Assalamualikum
Hey hope everyone is doing good.

Suprise update.

What do you guys think about the chapter?

Thoughts??

What do you think will happen?

Do vote and comment if you liked the chapter.

Stay safe

Love ,
Joyous soul