You Love Me? (Bestfriends in love?)

As we stood outside in the cold, my mind wandered to freshman year, when I promised to help Andy with something and he said that he would hug me, but it would be awkward. I don't think that he wanted me to hear that, but I did and I have thought about it ever since. It had been two years since then, and what I did next I have no clue how I had the guts to do.

"Hey um Andy," I said hesitantly,"Can I uh.. Hug you?"

You can see why I was so hesitant to ask, because of what he had said previously. But I figured that two years had passed and we were older now. Not only that but I had missed him so much that I just couldn't take it anymore. A girl can only hide her feelings for so long before she blows up. Andy's answer was more surprising then the fact that I had the courage to ask such a question.

"Ya," he said in a soft tone that I had never heard him use before.

Before I knew it, I had my arms wrapped around him, and his around me. I could feel his heart beating against mine, and the warmth of being wrapped up in his arms. Butterflies weren't just inhabiting my stomach, but they were full on dancing. I just wanted to stay like that forever. Here I was, in the arms of one of my best friends, whom I had feelings for since freshman year, yet reality had set in when I realized that he could never be mine.

I liked him. I mean I really like liked him, but he just didn't feel the same way. Sure you could say, oh you're just being dramatic he does like you. However, I know for a fact that he doesn't. Ever since we first became friends, people always thought that Andy and I were you know a "thing." But he made it perfectly clear to me and everyone else several times that he didn't like me that way, and that he just liked me as a friend.