Chapter 27 Sadies

Sadies. I did not want to go, but since it was the first one since Andy had been back, I wanted to go for him. At least this event isn’t as big as formal, because I do not think that I could make it through that event in my current state. I’m not so sure that I will be able to make it through sadie in my current state, for that matter. Despite that, I did my best to put on my happy face for Andy and I was ready to try to get through the night. 

“Hello there beautiful.”

“Hello.”

“What? No smart remark?”

“Nah, I think I should probably stop doing that.”

I had to meet Andy at school, because he had to do something before and he couldn’t pick me up. 

“Ready to go in Alyssa?”

“Totally.”

Complete lie

—————————————————————————————————————————

The food was sub par and Andy and I spent a few songs on the dance floor. The night was actually going okay since I had successfully avoided David thus far. But naturally, I had to go an jinx it because who did I just happen to spot on the other side of the dance floor. 

“Um, Andy? I think that we should probably go now.”

“What? Really? Aw, what is it?”

“It’s just that I really don’t wanna be here anymore.”

Just then Trish called my name and started walking towards me with her date.

“Oh I see. This is about this David kid isn’t it? You know what, I want to meet this guy.”

“No you don’t, it’s totally fine. Let’s just go.”

“Hey Alyssa, hey Andy.”

“Hello Trish, we’d love to stay and chat, but we were just about to leave.”

“We might have a couple of minutes. Hello, I’m Andy, and you are?”

“David, my name is David.”

“David? Oh, you wouldn’t happen to be the David that used to be best friends with my girlfriend would ya?”

“Guilty as charged. Well I don’t wanna keep you guys. Have a nice night.”

“No you’re totally fine.”

Then the DJ said that for the next song the couples should split up and dance with someone different. That was clearly a sign that we needed to leave. I couldn’t had started walking to the door any sooner before Andy was offering to switch dance partners with David.