Chapter 19 My Boyfriend?

I woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating. It was a text message, a message from Andy. The night before I had meant to text him and tell him thank you for such an amazing time, but with everything that had happened with David, I just went straight to my room and went to bed. 

Andy's text read:

Good morning Alyssa, I hope you had a fun time yesterday. He had also included a picture of him, like he had just woken up, with the despicable me minion that he had won at the fair when we went to go watch one of our favorite bands perform.

I wrote:

Yes, I had an amazing time. I meant to text you when I got home last night but I was so tired that I just went to bed. 

He wrote:

Hmm. I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive you for that ;) You might just have to make it up to me by going on another date with me

I guess that sounds like proper retribution

Yup, so I'll pick you up in an hour?

In an hour? 

Yup, see you then :)

But what if I'm not ready yet?

Oh my dear, I will wait for you ;)

Until when?

I see you trying to bait me into finishing the song

Well hey, you started it. Once you start using lines from a TAN song how can you expect me not to try and continue the song?

Ah, and that's one of the reasons why I love you. 

Oh, you. Now stop texting me, so that I can get ready ;) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tried getting ready as fast as could all the while making sure that I looked my best. I mean this was our first date that I would be prepared for. I wanted to look pretty but without looking like I was trying to hard. I decided to wear a jean summer dress, it was simple but it was one of my best fitting dresses, if you know what I mean. Since I don't normally wear makeup, I put on some lip gloss that I rarely used and then I decided to wait for Andy on the porch. 

It was a beautiful day outside and the sound of the hanging wind chimes helped calm me down. I was extremely nervous. I had always felt comfortable with Andy, but our relationship had since changed and I had no clue what I was doing. All I knew was that I felt nervous and excited all at the same time. 

Andy smiled as he pulled up to my house and parked his car. 

"Hello there beautiful."

"Oh my gosh Andy, stop it."

He held out his arm for me to hold onto

"Shall we?"