Chapter 21 The Payment

“I seriously cannot believe I am here right now, Alyssa.”

“Hey, you started this whole thing Andy and now it’s time you pay up.”

“I didn’t think that you would have beat me by that much.”

“Really Andy? We had to stop in the third frame in the second game so that you could take a break because your arm was tired.”

“Ok, well I guess I got a little ahead of myself.”

“Ya you did.”

“Don’t worry you’ll be fine. We don’t really do much on our sunday evening meetings. Not really debate related stuff anyway. On sundays it’s more of a hang out/bonding time. But there’s really nothing to complain about when there’s free food involved.” 

When we walked into the classroom the usual gang was there. I introduced Andy to everyone and after we grabbed some snacks we sat down to begin and Mrs. Hank got things started.

“Alright kids, it’s really great to see all of you again. As you all know we have a tournament coming up this saturday and wee need to prepare. That doesn’t mean that we can’t have fun though, and as usual we will begin with a game. How about a nice game of Alyssa’s favorite “I Couldn’t Disagree with you more” who’s first.”

A few people went before Mrs. Hank asked if Andy would like to try. I thought that he would say no, but surprisingly he jumped at the challenge. What was his topic?  Boys are better than girls, and so he began, and boy was I mean I did this stuff all the time and he’s never done this before. I feel kind of bad now, maybe I shouldn’t have put him in this position. 

“Gee, I couldn’t disagree more, because you see boys are not better than girls. Let’s look at an example to counter this statement. Take Alyssa here, she is one of the most brilliant people I know. She is incredibly intelligent and clever. She is fun to be around, she is completely selfless and is always willing to help others. She has a great sense of style and she doesn’t have to paint her face to be beautiful because she already is. She is an excellent leader and knows how to work hard as well. She’s a super awesome girl and the best girlfriend. No guy could be as amazing as she is and that’s why I love Alyssa. I mean that’s why guys are not better than girls.”

Holy Cow!!!! I cannot believe that Andy just said all of that. He was amazing and I couldn’t help but smile at all that he had said. He is just soooo wonderful!!! Right there and then I just wanted to kiss him but that would have been extremely awkward so I had to wait until the meeting was over.

When it was finally over we said goodbye to everyone and walked to Andy’s car.

“Oh my goodness Andy, you were so great in there!!! Everyone loved you. But more importantly I love you, I can’t believe what you said. You are so sweet and amazing.”

“It was easy, because all of that stuff is true. There are so many great things about you that I haven’t even mentioned and will never be able to finish mentioning.”

“Really? Like what?”

“Like how you can totally beat me at Call of Duty, or how you have an amazing voice, or how good of a kisser you are.”

“A good kisser huh?”

“Hmm, I might just have to get a little more evidence……”