Chapter 23 A Surprise

“Hello?” I said as I walked into the dark classroom “Helloooo?”

The lights turned on, and there was Andy sitting on a blanket in the middle of the room, with a meal set out before him.

“Hello there my darling” he said in a very charming way

“Andy, I can’t believe that you are here. What are you doing here?”

“Well, I have something very special to tell you and I wanted to do it in person.”

“Why tell me at my school?”

“You see, that’s the thing,” he said as he grabbed my hand and led me to sit next to him, “It’s not just your school anymore. Last week, I met with the principal and he reviewed my progress this past year, and I have been reaccepted and re-enrolled here. I won’t start going here until the end of this semester, but two months will fly by.”

I hugged Andy as tight as I could, because I was so happy.

“Andy, this is so wonderful, I can’t believe it.”

“I’m so glad that you’re happy”

“Are you kidding me, I’m way more that happy right now. I fact, I could just kiss you right now.”

“Do it.”

“Ok, well you asked for it.” I said as I kissed his cheek. “Now how about we eat some of this bread?”

“I thought you would enjoy that, since bread is your favorite food after all. See, I listen when you speak.”

“Oh really? What is my favorite movie then?”

“Easy, “For the Love of the Game.”

“Too easy, common knowledge. Favorite actor?”

“Dylan O’Brian because and I quote, “His face is just so beautiful and he’s so sarcastic and quirky and I love him.”

“Woah, ok then. Favorite person?”

“Hmm, now I’m not to sure about that one. Your brother?”

“No, it’s you silly.”

“Really? Well, that’s awkward because my favorite person is someone else.”

“I see how it is. If that’s the case, then I take back what I said.”

“Ahaha. Of course my favorite person is someone else. I’m not my favorite person, you are Liss.”

I was taken aback at his words.

“Did I say something wrong? What is it Alyssa?”

“Oh, it’s nothing. It’s just that the only one who calls me that is David.”

“Speaking of this kid, how is he?”

“I don’t really wanna talk about him right now. You’re here and I want to spend time with you and only you.” 

“I can live with that.”

“So, now that we will be going to the same school again does that mean we’re going public with our relationship?”

“I love you Alyssa, and I would go and shout it from the mountain top if I had to. I don’t care who knows because you and your happiness are all that matter to me. If you don’t want people to know, then they don’t have to know, but if you want to be Facebook official then I will take as many couple pictures as you would like. You mean the world to me and I want you to know that.”

“How are you so sweet to me?”

“It’s really easy when someone is as amazing as you are.”

“Andy, I thi-” The bell interrupted me before I could finish what I was going to say. “Oh no, I gotta get to class. Thanks Andy.” I said as grabbed my stuff and rushed off to class.