Chapter 22 Time to Face the Music

Monday morning came quicker than I thought it would. I knew that I would have to face David and honestly, I felt so ashamed of myself for what I had done. Now, while David had made it seem as if he had just brushed off what happened, I know him and know how hurt he would have been. One of the things that he values most, is people keeping their word and showing up. I had made a commitment and I totally skipped out on it. If it had been any other person, David probably would never speak to them again, and I don’t know know why he would treat me any differently. I don’t really deserve a friend like him and I hope that he knows that. 

I only had two options, try and avoid David (which would be highly impossible) or be around him and try to act like everything was perfectly normal. I chose the second option and tried to lesson the blow by buying him his favorite drink from our favorite coffee shop. 

Just as I had expected, as soon as I walked into the student center, there was David sitting in our usual spot. I put on my happy face and proceeded to sit next to him.

“Hey David!” I said in the kindest way possible “I got you your favorite drink.”

“Hi, thanks” he said in a monotone voice

I thought that he had forgiven me, and I guess that I should have been happy with the fact that he was even speaking to me, but he didn’t seem to happy to talk to me.

“Uh, so how was your weekend?”

“Good I guess.”

“Oh”

“Ya. Excuse me, I gotta go, uh talk to my teacher about an assignment”

“Ok, see ya later”

“Ya, see ya”

Okay, I was not expecting this at all. David seemed so distant and weird. I thought that he was moving on from this, so either he didn't or something else is going on here. 

I didn't know what to do. I tried talking to his best friend, Peter, to find out what was going on, and Peter just told me that David spent the whole weekend in his room and that he wouldn't speak to anyone. 

I wanted to do something, and I was going to try and talk to him at lunch, but then I got a text from Andy.

It said:

“Roses are red, violets are blue, you like bread, come to the C-2 and I’ll feed it to you”