Chapter 24 Trish's Party

“Andy’s here. Bye mom, see you later. I love you.”

I did one last glance in the mirror before I opened the front door and as I opened it, I was greeted by a smiling face.

“Good evening miss, your carriage awaits.”

“Oh, be quiet Andy, stop messing around.”

“Hey, I was just trying to be cute.”

“You know what’s cute?”

“What? And you’re answer better not be me.”

“That wasn't what I was thinking, but now that you mention it, actually… Ahahaha I’m just messing with you. Of course I was going to say that you’re cute, but more specifically you’re cute when you try to be cute. Actually, you’re cute at all times for that matter. Wait, does that word bother you. Do I take away some of your manliness by using that adjective?”

“Quite frankly Alyssa, you could call me anything and I would love you for it.”

“Really? So I could call you adorable and you wouldn't mind?”

“Not at all my dear.”

“Well in that case, shall we go my sweet and adorable boyfriend?”

“I thought that you would never ask.”

Andy helped me into his car and then we drove off to Trish’s birthday party. This would be the first time that people would see Andy and I together, and I knew that I shouldn’t be, but I was nervous. I loved Andy and Andy loved me, so I don’t know why I was worried. I tried to shake the feeling off and I focused on the road ahead of us.

Once we got there, Trish’s mom opened the door and I introduced her to Andy. She said the usual, tell your parents I said hi, and then led me to where everyone else was. There were about fifteen high schoolers and a few of Trish’s family gathered in the great room.

I said hello to Trish and then she pulled me aside to talk to me.

“Oh my gosh girl, you two are so cute together. I’m so excited for you.”

“Aww, thanks Trish. Now we just need to find you someone.” I said as I winked at her. 

“I might have my eye on somebody, but we can talk about this later. I need to get back to my guests and you to your man.”

“Oh gosh.”

I returned to Andy who was talking to one of my friends who knew Andy. We then made our way around the room as I introduced everyone to Andy and we socialized for a bit. 

Once Trish’s family left, the dance party began. For me, this just meant that I would be chilling at the snack table while everyone else danced the night away. Fortunately, things would be different this time, as I had Andy to stay with me. With his arms wrapped around me we watched all of the happenings on the makeshift dance floor. 

“Do you wanna get out of here?” Andy asked

“Yes, please.”

Andy led me out to the star-lit backyard. We sat down on a bench next to the fountain and stared up at the sky. 

“Andy?”

“Ya Alyssa?”

“Have you ever just looked up and the sky and felt like you were so small? Like with a sky so massive and a vast universe where do you fit in to all of that?”

“No, not really.”

Well he certainly knew how to kill the mood.

“You know what I do think about Alyssa?”

“What’s that?”

“I think about how lucky I am. There’s probably a long line of guys who would like to make you theirs, but I beat them all to it.”

He then started to stand up, and he put out his hand for me to follow.

“What are you doing Andy?”

“We are going to dance.”

“But there’s no music.”

“Wait for it.”

Just then, he began to Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran. Now this really touched me, not because he had an amazing voice but because he didn’t have the greatest voice yet he sang for me. We swayed back and forth for what seemed like forever, until we were interrupted by Trish.

“Um hello? The presence of you two love birds has been requested.”

We walked back inside to sing happy birthday, and after a slice of cake it was time to go. I had to run to the bathroom before we left and on my way back, I ran into David. We bumped into each other and then he mumbled an apology as he quickly walked off. It had been three days since I had brought him a drink and tried talking to him, and obviously things hadn’t gotten better. 

Once I got back to Andy we said goodbye to Trish and then we left.

It was a quiet ride home as I didn’t feel much like talking. I’m not quite sure if Andy could tell that something was up, but if he did he didn’t say anything. 

When we reached my house, Andy walked me to my door and then he grabbed me and held me close. 

“I hope that you feel better Alyssa. I’m always here for you whenever you need to talk. I love you.” After saying this he softly kissed my forehead and then he held my hand before he walked back to his car.