Chapter 10 Picking up Alyssa

Andy's POV

As we pulled up to Alyssa's house, the pressure in my chest increased. My heart was beating so fast and I was extremely nervous. I don't understand why I'm so nervous; I mean we're just picking up Alyssa. My best friend Alyssa. There's that word "friend." I don't think that we'll ever be more than that, and it hurts like crazy. If only she knew how I felt. I'm so dumb, I don't know why I didn't tell her before, now it's too late. I had at least two chances to tell her how I felt, yet I blew them all. Now there's no way we can ever be together.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I'll never forget the first day that I saw Alyssa. It was in English class and she was sitting two people ahead of me in the next row. I remember her name being called and her saying, "here." Her voice was so soft yet assertive. Not gonna lie, I just sat there and stared at her for a while, kind of embarrassing but I couldn't take my eyes off of her. It was so difficult to look away; I mean there was just something about her that made her different from other girls. Something about the way she sat and listened as our teacher talked. It wasn't like I liked her or anything, it was just something that made we want to be around her.

It took a whole two weeks before I actually talked to Alyssa. Surprisingly we first talked to each other because we were going to the same concert. Now this wasn't just any concert this band was my favorite band, and the fact that she loved them too really just fueled the fire. Not only did she love their music but she also watched their videos and she understood all of the inside jokes just like I did.  Things were looking extremely bright and it was then that I knew it was the beginning of a great friendship.

---------------------------------------------

When we actually arrived at her house I felt even worse as I stood on her porch waiting for her to open the door. After a few seconds the door opened and there she was. She looked so beautiful, after not seeing her for six months it felt so good to see her again. I didn't know what to do or say she literally took my breath away. A few seconds of silence and us just staring at each other passed by before I finally cleared my throat and said, “shall we?"