Chapter 11 Reading the signs

The car ride to the concert was even worse than the ride to her house. My palms were sweaty and I couldn't take my eyes off of Alyssa. Except when she noticed and looked at me of course. We were sitting so close in the back seat and her hand was an inch away from mine. Could it be a sign? Probably not, because we all know how good I am at reading how a girl is feeling. Ya of course

------------

I'm not so good at reading girls feelings, especially Alyssa's. Everyone would tell me, "She likes you Andy, she likes you." That's what I thought too, I mean she would take a detour from where she was going just to keep talking to me. One day after class she was suppose to buy lunch right away, but she was talking to me instead. She even walked with me all the way to my locker as we talked. It took so long that by the time we actually got to the cafeteria the food she was suppose to buy was all sold out. She missed out on her lunch to talk to me, just me. If that wasn't a sign than I don't know what is. Or at least I thought it was.

It was made clear to me on April Fool's Day, of all days, that she didn't like me. I was sitting chillin playing my guitar when I got a text from Alyssa. Seeing her name pop up made me smile as I clicked to read the message. It was really strange because it said something I knew Alyssa would never say. Immediately I realized that it was just her friends messing around so I responded by telling them I knew it wasn't Alyssa. After that they started asking me questions so I figured why not answer them. The last question was do I like Alyssa. So many thoughts filled my mind as I read the question. I don't really know maybe I do maybe I don't, honestly I don't know quite for sure right now. That's what I wanted to say to them, but instead I just put something like," I don't but if she liked me I wouldn't want to hurt her."

That was good enough right? Not really saying to much but answering the question. Needless to say the day after I regretted my response. I should have asked to talk to Alyssa and find out how she felt, but it was too late. I didn't wanna bring the topic up again.

 ---------

We pulled up to the venue and Alyssa's eyes lit up as we saw the band's tour bus in the parking lot. She was so excited and so was I. But it wasn't just excited because we were seeing our favorite band, but because she was so happy and excited. I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world. We were there four hours early because we didn't know if there would be a line or not, needless to say there was no line. My family decided to go outside, while me and Alyssa stayed outside to get some air.