SLEEPOVER

"So... you like crazy people?" She looked at me confused.

"Yup."

"I like you." She cheesed making me laugh.

"Mmmm she's kind of scary." Tae mumbled looking at me.

"Thanks." I smiled brightly.

"One of the things to make her smile is you being scared of her and she knows, or her talking about her favorite rapper." Ken explained to them.

"Who's her favorite rapper?" Nyla questioned.

"Xxxtentacion." I smiled thinking about his beautiful face.

"Ohhh! My mom was obsessed with him." She laughed.

"Who wouldn't be." I mumbled.

a/n: no X slander will be tolerated in this book🔪

From the corner of my eye I saw J huff and get up, pushing his tray away and walking away from the table.

"The hell.." Tae mumbled.

"What's wrong with him?.." Ken pointed and I shrugged.

"He probably got annoyed." Nyla shrugged.

"Let me go talk to him." Ken sighed getting up.

"So my guardians said they're going out of town for the weekend. Wanna have a sleepover at my house?" Nyla asked me.

"Sure."

"Let me come too! Yo food be buSsiN." Tae bit his lip making me laugh.

"I simply don't understand how you're so skinny yet so fat." Nyla chuckled.

"Imma skinny legend duh." He rolled his eyes and dusted his shoulder.

"Whatever." She sighed.

"All you really need is a sleeping bag, your personal items of course, and that's about it." Nyla informed me while we were on the phone.

"Okay I just wanted to make sure, I didn't wanna over pack."

"Oh no you're good! Ken's coming to pick you up also so be on the lookout for him." She told me.

"Aight. See you later."

"Byeee!" Her high-pitched voice exclaimed.

maybe this sleepover thing can be something good. i can get to know her better or whatever they do at these things

"Thank God it's Friday!" I heard my mom yell after hearing the front door close.

I went downstairs wondering why she's home so early.

"Hey baby." She hugged me.

"Hey, i'm gonna go over my friend's house for the weekend."

"Oh- okay. Be safe." She smiled but I could tell she had something else on her mind.

"What?"

"I kind of wanted a mother-daughter weekend with you since we don't spend a lot of time together but it's okay. Have fun." She kissed my cheek heading upstairs.

"Well now I feel bad." I mumbled.

There was a knock on the door and I went to go get it.

"Hey Tari." My aunt Lele pecked my forehead before walking in with my uncle Malik behind her.

She went upstairs where my mom was.

"Yeah but it's still the simple fact that they said the items were gonna be LAST WEEK." He ranted on the phone with i'm guessing his assistant.