SEMI COLON

𝚏𝚎𝚋𝚛𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝟷𝟽𝚝𝚑, 𝚜𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚢

"Atari you got a guest!" I heard my mom shout from downstairs.

"K!"

Right now I was getting a huge basket ready for Ohajî, today was his birthday and he thought I didn't know.

It had some expensive cologne, his favorite candy and chips, skin care stuff, incense and essential oils, calvin klein underwear, and his favorite picture of us in a frame. Oh and a huge teddy bear.

not gone lie, i would be a great girlfriend

There was two small knocks on my bedroom door and I said a small "come in".

"Hey."

I turned around seeing Nyla, which I haven't seen since december.

"Hey? The hell have you been at?" I asked turning back around, getting the basket together.

She sighed before sitting on one of my roley chairs I had in my room.

"The reason i've been MIA for so long is because I was in therapy. Well, really a facility. The people I lived with abused me, tried to sell me into gangs, and a whole bunch of other shit I don't even wanna say. I kept this from you, Tae, J, and Ken because- it's embarrassing! I'm supposed to be the happy, positive person in the friend group and now look at me. I abandoned you guys without even telling anyone. I'm sorry-" I stopped her explanation and fit of tears by hugging her.

This explains why her and Tae were always together, and never around anymore.

"Ny you don't have to apologize. I'm so sorry that stuff happened to you love. You know you could've talked to me about it."

"You had your own stuff going on, I didn't wanna be a burden." She sniffed.

"I would've loved to have a distraction from what I had going on then. But are you okay now?"

"Yeah. I got a little apartment and stuff, it's not much but it's enough for me and Tyler. It's out there on the East side."

"East side? Girl it's hella dangerous over there you sure you and Tyler safe??" I asked.

I know New York is hella ghetto and I literally live in the suburbs, but the apartments she talking about are broke down, raggedy- just horrible.

Ny's phone started ringing and she answered it.

"What? Right now? Okay."

"I gotta go, Tyler got in another fight." She sighed.

"Really? Um- okay, text me when you get home." I gave her another hug and she hugged back.

It lasted a bit longer than usual, i'm guessing she really needed it.

"I'll text you." She smiled softly, walking out my room, making her way out of the house.

I turned back around to look at my masterpiece, I really am a goat at this gift basket shit.

"Tari J downstairs for you." My mom came into my room.

so i started talking to her more, you know small conversations and stuff, nothing too big.

"He is? I thought I was gonna pick him up." I frowned but went downstairs anyways.

"Hey midget." He smiled.

not to sound like i'm crushing or anything but this man's smile is A1, like i liveeee for it

"I'm 6'5 bro, talk to me nice." I scoffed and hugged him, he laughed.

"Whatever. What you doing today?"