Chapter 8

Victoria's POV

I felt like someone was holding down my arms and legs and that I couldn't open my eyes, but I could hear everything around me. I hear a door open and close and I want to see who walked in, but my eyes just flutter but won't open. I hear the door open and close again then my mom speaks.

"Oh Dr. Wilson. Did you figure out what happened to my daughter?" What does she mean what happened? Come on stupid eyes open.

"Yes, it seems she had a seizure. After all the blood tests we found she is severely dehydrated, and she has low blood. We have typed and cross matched her blood for a transfusion, and we have given her three bags of bolus fluid before starting her on a drip."

"When will she wake up?"

"Should be any time now. If she is going to be treated at home for her cancer, there are going to have to be some new rules." I hear my mom sigh.

"Ok thank you doctor." I listen as the door opens then closes before I start sinking into sleep again. I don't know how long I have been out, but I blink rapidly trying to adjust to the light being shown into my eye.

"What are you doing?" I growl out in annoyance trying to slap the arm away from my face, but my arm is heavy and just flops back down on the bed.

"Welcome back Victoria." I look up see Dr. Wilson smiling at me.

"What's going on?" I ask and look over seeing my mom smiling and looking relieved.

"Well, it seems you haven't been getting enough fluid and your blood was way to low. Your body had had enough, and you had a seizure."

"How long have I been out?" I asked worried.

"About twelve hours. Not really long, but longer than we liked.

"I need to see Leo." I said turning towards mom and she grabbed my hand smiling.

"He knows you are at the hospital, but I told him he couldn't visit. I thought you didn't want him knowing how sick you are." I thought for a few minutes then nodded my head.

"Dr. Wilson, how long will I be in the hospital?" He looked over my chart before he spoke.

"Well, we need to see what your blood work shows in the morning and if I see enough improvement, I'll let you go home tomorrow evening. However, there will be some new changes to your treatment if you still insist on being treated at home and I expect you to follow them to the T." I nodded my head and he walked out of the room. After a few minutes I hear a knock on the door, my mom jumps up and opens the door. In walks a little candy striper carrying a huge vase of red roses and a stuffed white plushy wolf.

"Victoria McFalls?" the girl asks.

"Yes, that's me."

"Someone must love you." She said and smiled setting the vase down on the bedside table and handed me the wolf and card. I quickly open the card and read the message.

"Hope this makes you feel a little better. Think of me when you hug the wolf. With all my love, Leo." I read out loud. I see my mom out of the corner of my eye tear up and turn away.

"How did he find out where I was? He is going to know this is a cancer center." I say with worry in my voice. My mom walks over and rubs her hand through my hair and kisses my forehead.

"I think it will be ok. I could tell how worried he was about you." She said with a sad smile. "He......he said he loves you." She said looking me in the eyes. I nervously swallow and look at the card again then at the roses and finally I hug the wolf to my chest. I think to myself; I love him too. I guess when I get back home, I'm going to have to tell Leo everything. Then he can decide if he wants to stick around until I die. Sighing I pull the covers up and hug the wolf against my chest as my heavy lids close letting sleep take me.