Chapter 16

Leo's POV

After Victoria said she accepted me and my wolf we could hardly contain ourselves. We kissed and made out until I was mind linked with some bad news.

"Alpha, we have all the ingredients except one."

"Well contact all neighboring packs and find some quick. We have to have my mate start drinking the tea so we will be ready by the full moon. Zara said the full moon so contact others NOW!" I know I was being a little harsh with the doctor, but it's my mate's life on the line. Victoria must have seen the worry on my face and cupped her hand against my cheek calming me and my wolf down.

"What's the matter Leo? You look upset." She asks me snuggling against my chest as we lay on the blanket out in the field. I still hadn't taken her home even though the sun was starting to set. I wrap my arms around her and take a deep breath breathing in her intoxicating scent.

"Nothing that can't be fixed, my love. It's starting to get dark we better head to your moms before she freaks out." She nods her head against my chest and lifts up on her elbows kissing my cheek.

"Your right she will freak since I need my medicine and she worries way to much." I stand up and lift my mate bridal style carrying her back to the car knowing she is tired but won't admit it. "Wait you didn't get the basket and blanket."

"It's ok one of my pack members will be by and get it. You're my main focus." I say and kiss her on the top of the head as I place her in the car. After twenty minutes we pull into her drive.

"What are we going to tell my mom about me being your mate?" She stares me in the eyes with worry looking out at me.

"I don't know, but I think she won't care if it means you get to live and have a life. That's all parents want for their kids for them to live and be happy." I tell her while lacing my hand with hers as we make our way into the house. She looks at me thoughtfully and nods her head.

"Are you staying the night?" She whispers nervously looking all shy.

"Do you want me to stay the night my sweet mate?" I ask grinning at her pulling her body flush against mine kissing the tip of her nose. Her eyes turn dark with lust before standing on tiptoe and pulling my head down with her hands smashing her lips with mine. She bites down on my lip and I can't help when a moan escapes my throat as her tongue darts in tasting me.

"Hey guys .....woah hello" Jean rounds the corner and catches us kissing and hides her eyes. "Well, I was going to ask if you all were hungry. I have dinner ready come eat." She sounds embarrassed as she turns and heads back to the kitchen. I place my head to Victoria's sighing.

"I think we might have embarrassed your mom."

"That's ok. She will have to get over it." She said grinning taking my hand pulling me to the kitchen. I'm sure her mom is going easy on us as she thinks her daughter is dying. I'm positive that's why she allows me to stay the night. We enter the kitchen taking our seats and I feel I need to apologize.

"UMmm Jean, I want to say I'm sorry about back there." Jeans waves her hand like forget it.

"It's ok, I'm not dumb I was young once too. As long as it was only kissing." She looks at me pointedly.

"Momma!"

"What? I still have to be the mother Victoria." She says with a sigh. "Let's just eat. Dig in." We fill our plates and talk like nothing happened. After a few minutes Victoria takes a deep breath and looks at her mom.

"What's wrong Victoria? I know that look. You get that from your father. He always looked like that when he had something to tell me. So, spill it."

"Mom, what would you say if there was a way to cure my cancer and I could live a long and healthy life?" Jean puts her fork down and stares at her daughter.

"What would I say? Hell, I would tell you let's do it, but you know what the doctors have said." Victoria grabs her mother's hands and leans towards her.

"Mom I'm being serious. There is a way." Her moms' eyes go wide, and she shakes her heads.

"What are you talking about?"

"Mom, Leo and I have something to show you." Well, that escalated quickly I thought to myself. I guess we are telling her mom about everything tonight. "But first we have to go outside." Her mom nods and she stands up following Victoria and I out to back of the house. As we get outside my little mate pulls me into her kissing me and tells me to walk a little way away from us to show her mom my wolf. "Now mom, don't freak out and don't' run."

"What do you mean don't freak out and don't run? You're making me scared Victoria." My mate grabs her mom's hand.

"It's not bad mom, just don't be scared and don't take your eyes off of Leo. Ok Leo show her." I nod my head and let my wolf take over. My bones break and snap reforming as the fur grows on my body until my white wolf is standing in front of my mate and her mom. Her mom has her hand to her mouth shock written all over her face.

"It's true!" She yells out. "There are werewolves here." Victoria looks at her mom then looks at me.

"What you knew about them?" Her mom walks closer to me and kneels down.

"Leo, can I t-touch him?" Jean asks looking back at Victoria.

"Ask him mom, not me."

"C-can I touch you Leo?" I nod my head and step forward slowly, so I don't scare her. She rubs her hand down my side. "Oh! My great grandfather said there was a legend of werewolves around here when I was young. I had always hoped. I thought ....I thought that if I found them that maybe they could help you." She said as tears fall from her eyes.

"Mom it's ok." Victoria walks to her mom kneeling wrapping her arms around her mom's shoulders. "Leo said .....well Leo said I am his mate. His other half." Her mom starts sobbing as she pulls me against her and her daughter.

"What does that mean Victoria?"

"It means he is my soulmate, and he has found a way to help me so we can live a long and happy life together." At this her mom sobs uncontrollably pulling both of us against her hard. After a few minutes she sniffs and stands up pulling her daughter up with her.

"Ok what needs to happen?" Jean asks her daughter.

"I'm not sure Leo hasn't told me exactly what has to be done, but he told me the first part was I had to accept him and his wolf as my mate." I shift back and forth on my legs wanting to change back, but I tore my clothes when I shifted. I finally walk over to my mate and nudge my head against her leg. "Oh Leo, shoot I'm sorry. I guess you want to change back." I nod my head and whine a little bit hopping she understands why. She looks at me for a minute then realization dawns. "Oh, you tore your clothes."

"I think I have some sweats that was your fathers. I'll go get them" Jean says and runs in the house returning quickly. I take the clothes in my mouth and walk behind a tree shifting and throwing the clothes on before making my way over.

"Ok spill. How can you help my daughter?"