Chapter 27

Leo's POV

I wake to Max yipping and prancing in my head. Victoria must be awake. I softly shake her, but she doesn't respond.

"Why they Hell are you so happy she isn't awake." My wolf continues to prance and purr in my head.

"No, but she finally has connected to her wolf Leo! Which means she should wake up soon." He chuckles in my head.

"What's her name?"

"My beautiful mates name is Anne. I can't wait to see her when she shifts. I bet she is the most beautiful wolf in the world!" I laugh at him knowing she has to be since Victoria is the most beautiful girl in the world. "I had to give her some of my strength. She said that the cancer was too widespread and it's taking longer to heal Victoria. Maybe we should have some more Elders transfer some more strength to her?" I mull the information over and decide that yes that would be a great idea.

"I'll contact the Elders and have the ones who know how to do it come over and share their strength." I mind linked all the elders and four out of seven could do it and were happy to help. A knock at the door brings me out of my mind.

"Come in." I figure it has to be Jean she hasn't been by today.

"Leo how is my daughter?" Jean asks as soon as she enters the room.

"Actually, my wolf says she finally connected to her wolf. She is really weak and I'm having more Elders transfer strength into her to help her finish healing Victoria. I would say she was close to death as Anne says her body was severely damaged from the cancer." Jeans eyes go big and she starts crying. Shit I didn't mean to make her cry. I jump up and wrap her in my arms comforting her. "It's ok she will be healed. I am just lucky I found her when I did." She nods against my chest the sniffs and pulls away from me wiping her tears.

"You sure she will be ok?" Jean asks as she gets in bed with my mate pulling her against her and kissing the top of her head and stroking her back.

"Max seams to think she will be and with the help of the Elders I think she will be." I say with conviction in my voice. She has to be because I can't live without her. Knocks sound at the door and I tell the person to enter. Four Elders walk in and greet us.

"We are here to help Alpha. If you and Jean will please leave, we will let you know when we are done. As much as I don't want to leave, I know she is in safe hands. After leaving the room I can't go anywhere so I stay outside my door pacing waiting on them to finish. I need to be with Victoria. After an hour the Elders stepped out looking drained.

"Alpha we have done all we could. It's up to the Luna now." I nodded and gave them a smile.

"Thank you all for helping your Luna."

"It was our pleasure. We really hope this helps." They turn and walk away, and I walk back into the room slipping into bed next to my mate.

"Victoria, it's been six days. I have done everything I can think off. Please! Please come back to me." I nuzzle into her and inhale deeply letting her scent sooth me. I let my eyes close and drift into sleep holding my sweet little mate.

"Leo! Leo wake up." Max is calling me in my head.

"What is it Max?"

"Anne said she is almost done! Can you believe it? I am so excited. Soon we will see Anne then Victoria will be healed. We will be able to have our mate for a very long time! I am so excited!"

"I am so excited! Did Anne tell you how much longer? It's killing me not being able to talk to her and kiss her and well just everything."

"She said a day maybe two." I sigh I wish it was right now.

"Ok Max keep talking to Anne and coax her to hurry up and finish. I need Victoria." I decide I'm still tired and close my eyes to let sleep creep back over me.