Chapter 9

Victoria's POV

The next morning Dr. Wilson comes in checking my chart to see how my bloodwork looks. I sit on up in the bed on pins and needles waiting on the verdict. I watch as he flips back and forth through the papers a serious look on his face.

"Dr. Wilson, can I go home? Please!" I ask with anxiety filling my veins. He looks at me thoughtfully then sighs.

"Yes Victoria, I'll let you go this afternoon......after you eat and get the second blood transfusion. Your blood work looks ok. I wouldn't say good, but here is the deal." He takes a deep breath and looks me in the eyes making sure I'm on the same page as him before he speaks. "First, you have to come here twice a week for bloodwork and fluids if you need them. Second, you either have to give up school or only go twice a week and only carry a light load. Third, you have to try and eat more and drink more. I know with the medicine you are on you are not hungry and nauseated, but you are going to have to try or you will be back in here and then I'll have no other choice but to keep you here for treatment." I hang my head and almost cry. I just want to be normal and he is saying I might end up back in here basically till I die. I would rather stop treatment than not live. Dr. Wilson sighs and rubs the back of his neck before sitting at the bottom of my bed. "I'm sorry Victoria, I can only imagine how you feel. I want you to live your life as normal as you can that's why I have allowed you to do treatments at home." He takes my hand in his and pats it before continuing on his spill. "I am going to do all I can to hopefully get you better. I want to see you grow up. That's my goal." I nod and give him a little smile. He quickly stands up and walks over to my mom handing her some papers. "Here is the list of everything that needs to be done for her to stay at home. If at any point she feels funny or different you need to let me know immediately so she doesn't end up like this time."

"Yes of course Dr. Wilson. I understand and will do everything on the list. We won't let her get this way again. I promise." I watch as mom shakes the doctors hand and he turns giving me a smile before heading out the door. "Well Victoria it looks like we have quite a bit of new rules and you are going to have to follow them or come back here." She sighs and plops down into her seat reading the papers as a nurse walks in with a bag of blood.

"Ready for your blood Miss McFalls?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." I say and wait as a second nurse comes in and they do their checks to make sure I'm who I say I am and check my band to make sure they are giving me the right blood. After it's hung the nurse stays taking my vitals every fifteen minutes for the first hour making sure I don't have a reaction to it before she leaves to do something else. I must say that after getting the fluids and blood I am feeling a little stronger than I had. Maybe after this second one I'll feel even better. I close my eyes hoping to get a little rest before the nurse comes back. I woke with a start as the nurse from earlier was disconnecting the IV from my arm.

"Your done with your blood. Now you have to eat." She said with cheer in her voice and motioned to the tray of food sitting in front of me. I scooted up in the bed and pulled the bed table closer to me and started eating. I'm getting out of here today. Just as I finished eating in walks a little candy striper with a bouquet of beautiful wildflowers. They look like the flowers where Leo and I had our picnic.

"Miss Victoria McFalls?"

"Yes that's me." I said and she walked over handing me a card and the flowers. I quickly open the card and begin reading.

"Missing you. I hope these bring a smile to your face. I picked them from the field where we had our first date. Love, Leo." I can't believe he is this sweet.

"Hey mom can you had me my phone." She gets up and finds my phone handing it to me. I look through my contacts and find Leo's number. I decide I'll send him a text instead of calling I feel a little shy.

"Hey Leo, Thank you so much for both of my flowers and the wolf. I miss you as well. The doc said I can come home this evening. If it's not to late maybe you can come by and visit." I hit send and with in just a minute I see the three dots appear meaning he is writing back.

"I'm glad you like them and I would love to see you no matter the time. You call and I'll be there." I smile and my stomach feels funny like butterflies.

"Ok I'll let you know." I really want to say I loved him but thought it might freak him out, so I just hit send.

"Can't wait." He responds. Now I just have to wait on the nurses to let the doctor know I met his requirements and they can discharge me to home.