Chapter 25

Leo's POV

I can't believe we are finally mated. My wolf is howling in my head and prancing around as we finally have claimed Victoria. It was everything I expected and more. She snuggles against my chest rubbing her hand up and down my side. I hope she wasn't disappointed with our first time. To me it was amazing. Now we just have to wait for her to fall into the coma and then shift and she will be cured. I am so happy my pack doctor found Elder Zara.

"Hey Victoria, do you want to go back to the pack house? Maybe I can have you in bed before you fall into the coma." She sits up and I sit up with her. Before I can react, her lips are against mine kissing me softly. She pulls back and grins.

"Sorry I just had to kiss you."

"Why sorry? You can kiss me any time." I say and smile really big. Then Victoria clutches her stomach and cries out. Oh God she must be about to go into the coma.

"Leo! It hurts!" Oh, fuck what do I do? Zara said it hurt but not too bad. My little mate falls over onto her side tears streaming from her eyes. She lets out one final scream then her body stills. Shit! I put my head to her chest listening for her heartbeat. Thank the Moon Goddess it's beating slow and steady. I watch as her chest rises and falls. I run my hand through my hair then quickly get dressed. I wrap Victoria in the blanket and pick her up bridal style to carry her back to our room. As I make my way from the forest the guards notice me and nods. I mind link him that it's ok to start normal patrols. I carry my little mate back into the pack house. Jean and Uncle Kane are waiting in the living room. Her mom rushes over looking at her daughter. She looks pale and fragile, but she will be ok. I hope. Her mom looks worried with her lips pressed into a thin line.

"Is she ok?" She finally whispers out with tears in her eyes.

"Jean her heartbeat is slow and steady, and she is breathing fine. I'm going to take her to bed now. You can visit in the morning. I don't know if she can hear while she is like this, but I think so since Zara said my wolf might need to coax hers." Jean nods and Uncle Kane wraps his arms around his mate kissing her gently on the head. I carry Victoria up to our room laying her on the bed. I pull out a nice soft nightgown to dress her in as a knock sounds on the door. I walk over opening it to see the Doc and Elder Zara standing there.

"We need to check on her and do vitals before you go to bed with her." I nod and let them come in. The doctor starts to unwrap her, and I growl. He steps back and puts his hands up. "I have to check her Alpha Leo."

"Turn your back. I need to dress her first." He nods his head and turns around. I put a pair of panties on her and slide the gown over her small frame. I lift her out of the blanket cradling her while I pull the covers down before placing my mate into the bed. "Ok now you can." I say gruffly. The doctor makes his way over and does her vital signs then Zara does a few things before they both nod to each other.

"Everything looks good Alpha Leo. We will be back in a couple hours to do the vitals again. Do you want us to just come in and do them or do you want us to wake you before?" I thought about it a minute.

"You can just come in and do what you need to do. If something is wrong wake me immediately." They both bow their heads and leave the room. I cover my mates' body with the covers and head to the bathroom. I take a quick shower then put on a clean pair of boxers before sliding into the bed next to Victoria. I pull her body close to mine laying her head on my chest before drifting off to sleep.

Every few hours the Doc and Zara came in and checked on Victoria doing her vitals looking into her eyes. Every time I woke up. My wolf and I are on edge with our precious little mate in the coma. Ever so often she whimpers or moans in her sleep and I pull her closer making it stop. Morning comes quickly and someone knocks on the door.

"Come in" I'm not supposed to leave her much. Zara said my body next to hers will speed up the process.

"Hey Leo. How's my daughter." Jean walks in followed by my uncle. They both look like they haven't slept. She makes her way over to Victoria and runs her hand over her head. "She feels hot! Have they taken her temperature?" I smile at her. Once a mom always a mom.

"Zara said she will run a temperature. It's because her body is fighting the cancer. They said everything is good. You can go talk to them if you would like." Jean nods at me and climbs in the bed next to her daughter wrapping her in her arms. I take this time to head to the bathroom since she won't be alone. After I finish my business I head back out and climb back in the bed. I watch as my mate's mom strokes her daughters head and whispers things to her. After a few minutes she climbs out of bed and I pull Victoria to me cuddling her against me.

"We'll leave you two alone. I'll bring you some breakfast in a few minutes Leo."

"Thanks Jean." Kane and Jean leave our room pulling the door behind them. I sigh and rub my hand down my face. This is going to be a long two days. I want my little mate to open her eyes and smile at me. I run my thumb over her cheek and watch as she snuggles into it. So, she is in there she just can't talk or wake up. I turn the t.v on and put it on a movie she would like before laying down and pulling her body against mine. Thank the Moon Goddess I can at least have her here with me. "Come on Victoria. You are strong and you need to hurry back to me." I whisper against her ear. Now the waiting begins.