Chapter 28

Victoria's POV

Sitting up in the bed I feel like I am on fire. I let out a sharp scream as the heat seems to lick all over my body. I feel arms wrap around me picking me up bridal style and running through the house. After a minute I am placed on the soft cool grass just in front of the forest. Another pain rips through my body and I curl my body in on its self hoping it will easy some of the pain. Sweat pours from my body as the pain changes from searing heat to breaking of bones. I feel hands rubbing my body that helps easy the pain some and I know it has to be Leo. Tears leak from my eyes as I feel the bones snapping and rearranging themselves. I feel everything shifting and growing.

"It's ok Victoria. Just let Anne take over. Don't fight her. It will hurt more if you fight her." Leo whispers against my ear. I take a deep breath and try and give her the reigns. My body feels like I fell from a cliff smashing all my bones. Fuck how do werewolves do this? I feel something warm laying beside me nudging my body. I open one of my eyes and see Max my white alpha laying against me.

"AHHHHHh" I scream out as the bones shift again and I feel a tail growing from my bottom. I feel hair no wait I guess it would be fur sprouting all over my body then Max licking my face. The pain seems to have stopped. I slowly open my eyes and I am amazed at all the wonderful colors I can see even though it is dark outside. My vision is sharper, and I can see further than I ever could. I roll over and sit up and stand on shaky legs. Looking down I see paws. Dear Lord, I have paws and fur. My fur is red! Max is standing beside me and I nuzzle my head into his. Well, I guess Anne did. I'm kinda like the back seat driver.

"Hello Anne. You are beautiful! Would you like to see what you look like?"

"Hi Max. Yes, I would, and Victoria wants to see too."

"Ok follow me." He takes off at a quick run and I bolt after him. The wind whips my fur and I love the feeling. I feel so free! After about a five-minute run, we come to a beautiful lake with a waterfall flowing from upstream. Ok moment of truth. I walk over and peer into the water and gasp. I am a beautiful red wolf. I turn to the side admiring my body and then notice my fluffy tail and I wag it. I hear Max making a noise like chuckling as I prance in front of the water and wiggle.

"What's so funny?" I look at him narrowing my eyes.

"Nothing my sweet mate. You are truly beautiful. The most beautiful wolf in the world." Max walks over nuzzling his head against mine then licks my face. I return the licks then get a wild ideal. I take of running.

"Catch me if you can!" I call out to Max and I hear him chuckle in my head. We spend the rest of the night running and playing in the forest. As the sun starts peaking over the horizon, I let out a yawn. I am really tired. "Max can we go to bed?" He comes over and licks my face then nuzzles into my neck.

"Anything you want my love."

"Ummm Max how do I change back?"

"Simple let Victoria come forward and picture yourself human again. But let's run back into the house and get in our room. I don't want anyone seeing my Luna naked." I follow behind Max at a trot and we enter the house. I hear gasps and people talking.

"That must be the Luna. Wow she is a red wolf. I've never seen one before."

"Look the red wolf must be the Luna." Everyone is commenting and gawking. It feels really weird. We make it up stairs and Max closed the door with his nose. I picture myself human letting Victoria come through and I feel my bones shifting and breaking again, but it doesn't' hurt as bad as last night. I notice Leo has already changed and thrown on a pair of shorts and had grabbed me a gown. Finally, my body shifts one finally time and I'm a naked human sitting on the floor. Leo helps me up and slides the gown over me. He wraps me in his arms and inhales deeply.

"Moon Goddess Victoria I have missed you." I wrap my arms around him and breath in his scent.

"I missed you so much too." I fell him run his hand through my hair. Wait! Hair? I don't have hair. I pull back and Leo looks at me with alarm.

"What's wrong?"

"UMMMMM do I have hair?" I ask kinda afraid to look. He smiles sweetly at me and nods his head yes.

"You have beautiful strawberry blonde hair."

"How? I had no hair when I went into the coma and I wasn't out that long to grow shoulder length hair." Leo shrugs.

"Maybe when you changed into your wolf it also let you grow hair. You are no longer human. If you are worried about it we can ask Elder Zara." I don't think it's bad I just thought it was weird. I guess I'll just take this as a win. I haven't had hair in years.

"Leo, why was everyone staring at me and whispering about me being a red wolf?" A slow smile spread across his face.

"Red wolfs are very rare and they are stronger than most others. The Moon Goddess must have blessed you. You are perfect my little mate." He cupped my cheek and leaned in placing his lips to mine. His lips felt so good on mine I lightly bite down on his bottom lip and he opens his mouth. I let my tongue dart in exploring his mouth. My hands grasp his hair pulling gently earning a moan from Leo. Just as Leo started to lift my gown the door busts open and we jump away from each other like little kids caught in the act. My mom throws her arms around me and I hear Leo growling. Kane grabs his shoulder and tells him to calm down let my mom and I have our moment. I grip my mom and she cries into my shoulder.

"I am so happy Victoria. You had me so scared. And oh my gosh you have hair." My mom says and runs her hands through it. "I can't believe how beautiful you look." I smile at her then yawn. I am really tired after changing and running in the woods all night.

"Jean why don't you come back later after Victoria and I get a little sleep. We were up all night." My mom hugs me again and kisses my forehead then grabs Kane's hand as they leave the room. Leo picks me up and climbs into bed holding me. He slides me onto his body wrapping his arms around me kissing the top of my head. "Sleep Victoria we both need it." I nod then snuggle deeper against Leo and shut my eyes letting sleep overtake me.