chapter 10

A few hours pass and I'm sitting up in my room with my headphones in when I hear a commotion coming from the window. I stand up and walk over to see Micah and another woman shouting at each other with Amelia hiding behind Micah.

"Get the fuck out of our lives Mia!" I hear Micah yell, wait who is she?

"She's my daughter Micah I have the right to see her." She shouts back which makes Amelia cry even harder than she was.

"No, you're not, you haven't been since you left her on my doorstep years ago, now leave before I make you." OH SHIT, Shes Amelia's mother! Holy shit. I see Amelia begin to shake from the distance of my bedroom so I decide to put on my shoes and coat and walk down stairs. Uncle John sees you and throws you a questionable look as if to say 'where are you going?'.

"I'll be back in a sec." I walk to the front door and pull it open, stepping outside I can hear the shouts of Micah and Amelia's mother much clearer as I round the bush separating our drives. Amelia sees me first to which she runs up to me and puts her head in my neck crying, I pick her up and look over to see both of them looking at me.

"I have no idea what you guys are arguing about but don't do it Infront of your Daughter okay? She does not need to see this, sorry if I'm being rude." As you say this you look at Micah as you are mainly talking to him. He nods his head.

"Who the hell are you?" Oh God not another bitch I have to deal with today.

"I'm Deliliah, I live next door and that's where me and Amelia are going to be until you calm the Fuck down and can have an adult conversation without shouting." at this you walk around the bush and back into the house with Amelia on your hip. John gives me a questionable look once again to which i shake your head signifying that you will tell him later. I take Amelia into the kitchen ad set her down on the island next to the sink.

"Was that your mom?"I ask her. She nods her head slowly not looking up at me. I sigh as I know she doesn't want to talk yet and she's still upset.

"Do you want ice-cream?" At this her head shoots up and a huge smile makes it way onto her face as she bobs her head excitedly. I chuckle and walk over to the freezer where I know there is ice-cream as I bought that yesterday.

After about half an hour of Amelia eating ice-cream and telling me about school, I hear Micah and John talking in the living room.

"your dads here." I say, she jumps off of the counter and runs into the living room throwing herself at Micah.

"Hey baby, you, ok?" She bobs her head up and down as she plays with his hair.

"Is that Ice-cream I can see on your lip?" Her face goes from giddy to serios really quickly as she looks over at me, I place a finger on my lip to imitate me telling her it's a secret. She giggles and looks back at Micah.

"John, do you mind?" He asks as he hands him Amelia.

"No problem." Uncle John walks out of the room and into the kitchen with Amelia probably to get more ice-cream which leaves me and Micah alone.

"Thanks for that." He says as he rubs the back of his neck with his hand.

"Don't mention it, she shouldn't have to see that. Trust me it's not nice."

"what do you mean?" he asks, shit Deliliah why did you let that slip.

"Nothing, it's just I grew up with that. My parents arguing constantly Infront of me, it has an impact on a kid her age, maybe not now but it will in the future." I say not meeting his gaze.

"I feel like I should explain what happened." it comes out more of a question than a statement to which I reply.

"No, you don't its none of my business really, just promise not to do it Infront of her."

"I promise Principessa. Anyway, we should go it's getting late. Amelia, come on baby it's time for bed." He shouts into the next room, seconds later I see her running in with a smile on her face.

"Bye-bye D!" she shouts as her and Micah walk towards the front door.

"See you tomorrow sweetie, see you later Micah." He looks up at me and smiles before exiting the house. I turn around to see John looking at me with a smirk on his face.

"What?"

"Nothing, nothing.!"

"John!"

"He likes you." WHAT! No, he doesn't, he doesn't right, he can't Ive been here for what like 3 days.

"Nice joke John anyway I'm going to bed, night." as I'm walking back upstairs, I think I hear John say 'clueless kids' but I'm not too sure so I just head straight to bed, praying I don't have another nightmare.