Chapter 21

"I'm sorry..." Micah whispers in my ear. What? Why is he sorry?

"What?" I pull back and look at his face.

"I... I shouldn't have touched you, w-without asking." 

"Did I once tell you to stop?" I try to make eye contact but as soon as our eyes clash, he pulls them away, glancing out the window. He shakes his head in response.

"Micah, look at me." I whisper, placing both my hands on either side of his face, forcing his face upwards to meet my own. Still, he refuses to make eye contact.

"Please." I beg, upon hearing the desperation I'm my voice he finally lifts his eyes up, meeting my own.

"Do you regret it? Is that it?" My voice shakes as I ask the one question I'm scared of. His eyes widen as he registers my question, panic and shock display themselves on his face.

"What! No... No that's not what this is about." 

"What is it about then Micah, because I'm confused?" He shakes his head and lets out a shaky breath.

"It's about this, what we just did. How I touched you, I should have thought about you." 

"You were thinking about me, remember. You were also watching me, ride your thigh." I say with a wicked smile on my face. He doesn't return my smile.

"Liliah... You were abused...Sexually. And I didn't even think to ask if I could touch you. I'm so fucking stupid. I'm sorry." He murmurs. Oh, so this is what this is about.

"There's a reason why I didn't ask you to stop." I whisper.

"I feel safe with you, and I know I've had a shit past ive been through things any other person would never have to go through. Yes, I've been raped, repeatedly even by my own Father. I've been physically abused until I've been emitted into hospital. I know, believe me I do. When you touched me, my reaction should have been to cry or run or freak out, because that's what you expect from an abused girl. I can't explain why I didn't tell you to stop, all I know is that something in the back of my mind was telling me to trust you, and for once in my life I listened to it." By the time I finished talking I had tears streaming down my face and a hick up escaped my throat.

"So don't feel guilty, for making me feel good because I don't regret it not one bit." He places his hands on my cheeks and brings me in for a hug, rubbing my back with one hand and holding the back of my head with the other.

"Ok?" I ask into his neck.

He nods his head, as he whispers "Ok."

"So, seeing as we missed our reservation how about we go home and order take out?" On que my stomach rumbles causing both of us to burst out into laughter.

"Take out it is." Micah laughs. Still sat in his lap, I move over back into the passenger seat pulling the seat belt over my body. As he starts the car he places his right hand on my thigh, giving it a squeeze before pulling onto the road, heading home.

Home. With Micah.