Chapter 17

"Hey...Deliliah...time to wake up Bella ragazza..." I feel a shoulder shake my body, slowly opening my eyes I see Micah standing over me holding a cup of coffee, wearing a small smile.

"H-Hey." I squeak out, stretching my arms above my head Micah's eyes zoom in on my exposed stomach, an angry expression taking over his face, looking down I see the scars my father left behind. Im quick to grab my top and pull it down.

"Here." He mumbles as he hands me the coffee.

"Thanks...erm what time is it?" I ask before taking a sip.

"8, now come on dinner is ready." reaching out a hand to me I take it.

"I'm guessing Amelia is at your mothers."

"Yeah, she's staying for a few days. Finally, some alone time." he laughs.

"If you don't mind me asking, how did you end up with a kid so young?"

Sighing he runs a hand through his hair. "I was in college and I was what someone would call a player. I was rich, handsome, I had my whole life planned out for me. I had a job taking over my father's businesses set up the minute I was born. I had everything. Mia, Amelia's mother was my first girlfriend, at the beginning we were perfect, I thought I loved her, then I found out she cheated on me with one of my best friends, of course I broke up with her but then she came crying that she was pregnant, and it was mine. I didn't believe her so I left, moved cities and I ended up here. 10 months later I find a baby on my doorstep with a note attached 'if you don't believe me take a DNA test.' so I did, turned out Mia was right Amelia was mine. I hated that I wasn't there during the pregnancy, I missed out on a lot. This was when I started taking over the businesses, the media went crazy when they found out the great Michael Scott was retiring and his son, me, was taking over. Everywhere I went there were cameras, my freedom was stripped away from me. I was still a kid, with a daughter at that. When my father found out about Amelia, I was cut out immediately, he said it was because my life was already over so why should he pass everything to me if I was going to ruin it. I couldn't allow Amelia to go without, I wanted her to have the best life, didn't give two shits about me, only her. So, I grafted, I worked my ass off as a father and a CEO until my dad realized I was serious about the business. There is a reason no one knows the most popular Batchelor in New York has a daughter, I don't want her in this life, not right now."

I realize we have reached the dining room so we both sit down at our plates, spaghetti. A small smile reaches my lips as I look down at my favorite dish.

"So why didn't Mia ever come back?"

"Oh, she did... after two years, she came back demanding custody which of course I refused. Ever since she comes back at least twice a year to 'claim' Amelia. What you saw the other day was the first time we had seen her in 11 months."

"i don't like her." I mumble not intending him to hear it. However, when he starts laughing, I turn a deep shade of red.

"Stoppppp..." I moan as I cover my face with my hands. He continues to laugh at my embarrassment.

"i don't like her either." he whispers back after he finishes laughing. I look up and my eyes meet his, smiling softly I look back down at my plate.

"Hey Deliliah I wanted to ask you-" Hes cut off when the doorbell rings, I look towards the door and back over to Micah.

"I'll get it." standing up from my chair I make my way over to the door, opening it my face pales.

"Deliliah, Hunny I found you." I'm met with my father's face as he tries to hug me, stepping backwards I stumble over and hit the ground. He walks into the doorframe and begins to stalk closer.

"MICAH!" I shout as I scramble away from him, I hear footsteps run towards me so I dash up off of the ground and hide behind him.

"Oh look, my sweet Deliliah has found herself a boyfriend." my father taunts as he looks Micah up and down. Micah reaches behind him and grabs something from his waistband, pulling out an all-black gun and pointing it towards him.

"Take one more step towards her and ill blow your head off." Micah grits out as he holds the gun steadily towards the man, I call dad. I am suddenly aware that Micah owns a gun, but right now I don't care, I trust him. I'm not scared of him.