Chapter 18

I watch as my father stares down the barrel of the gun, not an emotion displayed on his face. Here we are standing in the doorway of Micah's house, my father on one side of the door with a gun shoved in his face, Micah standing Infront of me protecting me. It's ironic really seeing as the person who was supposed to protect me is the very thing I need protecting from.

We stand facing each other for a few seconds before my father finally breaks the silence with a terrifying laugh.

"Oh boy you have no idea who you just threatened." He chuckles. Micah breaks out into a sly smirk and cocks his head to the side.

"No? Joeseph Westfield, 48, grew up in Chicago moved to a small town on the outskirts of New York with a Maria Harrison, later made Maria Westfield, married for 5 years before having Deliliah, ever since your life started to slowly fade away, starting with your Job as a construction worker." I stand in shock as I listen to Micah spout all these facts even, I didn't know, how could he know this?

"There just the facts boy, anyone can find them out.2 My father chuckles.

"I came here for one thing and I'm leaving with it." as he says this, he steps forward going to grab my arm when he is shoved into the wall alongside the front door.

"Don't. You. Dare. Lay one finger on her, or I will kill you right here." Micah spits out, he presses his face right up against my fathers, allowing the gun to be placed underneath my father's chin.

"Tut, tut, tut, I wouldn't want to scare poor Deliliah now, would we?" Micah looks back at me, probably expecting me to have tears streaming down my face, but he's met with a different expression. Anger. Walking towards both men, I wrap my hand around the one which is holding the gun and slowly take it away from Micah, reluctantly Micah lets go handling me the gun. The weight of the gun rests comfortably in the palm of my hand as I weigh on what I should do, the old Deliliah would be crying and hiding away from this situation but for some bizarre reason having Micah here and having this loaded gun Infront of me gives me a feeling of power.

Stepping back, I cock the gun up pointing towards my father's head.

"Hey, hey, Liliah princess put the gun down." Micah exclaims, trying to calm me down, I guess he wasn't expecting me to actually want to kill my father. Oh well. I shake my head in response and look him in the eyes.

"Please, Micah, step away." Micah holds both hands up, letting go of my father and steps back. Shifting my focus back to my father his face has turned ghost white as he sees me standing before him pointing a loaded gun to his face.

"For years I had to endure your pain, the rape, the beatings, the broken bones, you broke me, I was a 7-year-old child the first time you put your hands on me, 13 when you started touching me inappropriately, 16 when you finally raped me." the tears begin to flow down may face as I stand before the man who destroyed my life.

"P-please H-honey let's just talk about this?" my father stutters.

"TALK! You want to talk? There is nothing you can possibly say that will make me put this gun down. NOTHING!" I scream. I feel something touch my shoulder, looking over I see Micah standing there with sad look in his eyes.

"I got you baby, just put the gun down." his hand snakes around the barrel of the gun lowering it to the ground, that's when I break down in tears, I hear Micah shuffling around, pushing my father into a chair tying his hands.

"Hey Cam, yeah come to the house I need something dealt with, thanks." Micah hangs up the phone and makes his way over to me, picking me up he allows me to cry into his shoulder as he whispers reassuring words into me ear.

"shhh, its ok, baby I got you, shhh." I look over his shoulder and my eyes meet my fathers, to which I throw up the middle finger, after a while of me crying Micah takes me upstairs into his bedroom and places me in bed, wiping my tear-stained face.

"Rest, baby, I won't let him harm you ever again." He whispers, although my father is right downstairs, for once in my life I believe someone's words and allow myself to drift into a deep slumber.