Chapter 16

*Micah's Pov*

Let's just say that if I was a cartoon character steam would be streaming out of my ears right now, at how fucking angry I was. Who the actual fuck could do that to a kid, an innocent one at that? Fucking sick. I look down to my shoulder and see Deliliah has fallen asleep, slowly standing up I place her down on the bed, trying not to wake her. After effectively putting her in bed I pull the covers up to reach her neck, bending down I place a small kiss on her forehead before quietly leaving the room. As soon as the door is closed, I reach into my pocket and pull out my phone, dialing the only number I know off by heart.

"HEY! Micah what's up bro, how Ya been?" Cam answers cheerfully on the other end. Cam, where to start with him, we met when we were in freshman year of high school, I was on my way out at second period when I heard yelling and being the troublemaker kid, I was, I followed the voices, which led me straight to Cam. Let's just say it's a good thing I did because he probably would have died. Dramatic I know, but he was seriously being beaten to death by two older guys, so I stepped in knocking both guys out and saving his ass, ever since he hasn't left me alone. Don't tell him this but I really love that dude.

"Cam!" I say through gritted teeth.

"Shit, ok serious Micah, means I have work to do. Who do you want to find?" he suddenly becomes all serious, it's because he knows I will hunt him down and probably kill him if he keeps joking.

"I don't know his name all I know is Hes Deliliah's father and Hes in town." Yes, he knows I like Deliliah, he pretty much knows everything I know about her, even though he has never met the woman.

"Wait- Deliliah as in your Deliliah, why do you want to find him? Is she okay?"

"Fuck! Yes, she's fine but he won't be, Cam just find where that fucker is staying and stop asking irrelevant questions that waste my time!" I'm practically shouting into the phone right now so I move away from the bedroom door and walk towards the stairs. 

"Shit Capo, what he do?" I start to hear the keyboard as he starts typing away.

"I'll tell you later, text me when you have found something." with that I end the phone call and let out a huge sigh, Fuck. I look back at the bedroom door when I hear a whining sound come from behind it, what was that? I hear it again but this time its louder. Walking into the room I see Deliliah rolling around in bed crying. I realize she's still asleep and run over to the bed.

"No stop! Please no!" she shouts as I touch her cheek causing me to flinch away. Shit she's having a nightmare.

"Deliliah baby wake up." I whisper as I sit on the edge of the bed.

"NO, I'm sorry...p-please stop!" tears continue to stream down her face as I try to wake her up.

"DELILIAH!" She suddenly flies up and out of bed running to the corner of the room, crouching down hugging her knees.

"I'm sorry, I won't shout again." she whispers as she tries to stop her tears.

"Deliliah look at me, it's me, Micah. Your safe." walking over to her I crouch down to her height and grab her head making her look at me.

"See it's me, your safe, it was just a nightmare." I know the moment she realizes it's me, when she slings her arms around my shoulders and cries into my chest.

"i got you baby shh..." I sit there for what seems like 45 minutes listening to her cry into me, one thing running through my mind. When I see her father, I will kill him.