Chapter 30

Micah's pov

Two weeks. Two fucking weeks, she's stayed away from me. Two weeks since Cam told me to give her space. Two weeks since I've started to lose my fucking mind. No sign of her. I went over to John's a few times but they told me she didn't want to see me. Which is understandable. But two fucking weeks is long enough, right? She hasn't left that house in two weeks, well not that I've seen anyway. And yes, I've been watching...not in that creepy way you're thinking either. Just waiting for her to go outside so I can 'accidently' bump into her... Fuck I need her...

I didn't understand how much until now, until she left. I missed her laugh, I missed her eyes, I missed watching her with my daughter. Fuck's sake. I missed everything about her. It was the third day that I hit my low point, I had to give Amelia to my mother that's how bad it got. To the point I didn't want my daughter to see me like that. The drinking, smoking, not eating. Yes, it seems I'm exaggerating but wait until someone you love disappears off the face of the earth, thinking you're a murderer.

I'm sat here on my office floor with a glass of whiskey in my hand and bags the size of Pluto hanging from my eyes. I haven't slept in what? Two days... I don't remember anymore. Swigging the rest of my glass I place my hand on my desk and push myself up. Just as I stand up the doorbell rings. Groaning I stumble towards my office door using whatever's in the way to keep myself from falling.

The bell rings again. "Alright fuck I'm coming!" I shout. Opening the door, I don't expect what's on the other side. Or should I say who is on the other side.

"Can we talk?" She asks. I rub my eyes with my hand just to make sure I'm not dreaming or some shit. When I open them again and I see her standing in the same place I nod my head.

"Of course, come in." I mumble being careful of what I say because well I've fucked up enough. Liliah walks through the door towards the living room to which I stop her.

"Don't- not in there...It's a bit of a mess." I say embarrassed.

"Kitchen?" She asks timidly. I nod my head and gesture for her to lead the way. As she passes me, I get a good look at her face, she looks worse than me and that's saying something because I look like I've died and came back as a zombie for fucks sake. She looks around the kitchen seeing the empty beer bottles scattered on the counter and glances back at me.

"Where's Amelia?" She asks.

"My mothers. I didn't want her to see this." I say as I gesture to the room.

"I take it the living room is worse." I nod my head and glance down yet again in embarrassment.

She laughs and looks up at me from across the room. "You should see my bedroom." I smile at her joke knowing she's been just as bad as me. We stand in silence just looking at each other. That is until I see tears falling from her eyes. I walk towards her and grab her, shocked she doesn't pull away, I reach a hand to her cheeks wiping her tears with the pad of my thumb.

"Please don't cry, someone as beautiful as you shouldn't cry." I beg as more tears stream down her face.

"I'm sorry" She whispers in between hiccups. I shake my head furiously as I lift her face up so I can look in her eyes.

"No. No I should be the one saying that. You have absolutely nothing to be sorry for." My thumb now soaked with tears still runs under her eyes each time I see new tears appears.

"I ran..." She whimpers.

"I don't fucking blame you. Any sane person would run." Shaking my had I bring it down to rest my forehead on hers. We breathe at the same pace... slowly yet erratic.

"Your crying..." She suddenly says.

Bringing my hand up to my face I feel a wetness below my eyes.

"Huh... I guess I am."

"But you're not a person who cries."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask jokingly.

"Big bad Mafia leaders aren't supposed to cry." My head snaps away from hers to see her smiling at me.

"You-you're not- I'm sorry- what's happening?" I ask in utter confusion.

"I want to hear you out...Two weeks is too long." Without thinking I bring my lips to hers smashing them together. Fuckkkkkk... It's been way too long since I've felt her. She gasps into my mouth at the sudden intrusion. I snap out of it and take a huge step backwards.

"Fuck Liliah, I'm so fucking sorry. Shit I shouldn't have done that." I begin to panic thinking she'll run again but when she doesn't, and all she does is smile at me I'm even more confused than ever.

"Don't be. If you didn't do it, I'm sure I would have." She laughs.

"Should we you know talk. Properly?" Now asking in a serious tone I visibly gulp making her eyes shoot down to my neck. Liliah don't look at me like that. I say inwardly.

"Erm... yeah let's sit." Here goes nothing...