chapter 29

Deliliah's pov

I don't know how fucking slick Micah thinks he is but sending someone after me to watch from afar is just fucked up. I can feel eyes following me everywhere I go, tracking my every move. And in broad daylight as well. What part of me running away from him says "Oh, follow me. Better yet get someone else to do it!" Argh.

Walking down a deserted street I hide in between two garbage cans until I see the man who's been following me. Jumping in front of him I swipe him off of his feet with my leg which causes him to hit the ground with a thump.

"Damn girl. What the hell was that?" He cries.

"Why the fuck are you following me?" I demand.

"Can I get up first? Please?" He asks. I watch him with caution before moving and putting atleast 5 feet between us.

"Now why the hell are you following me?" I ask again this time running out of patience.

"He didn't tell me you would fucking put me on my ass..." He mumbles probably intending me not to hear it.

"Tell him to fuck off!" I huff out.

"Or tell me you were this feisty...Damn..." He mumbles again.

"Hey Stalker! What the hell do you fucking want!" I shout until he looks at me.

"He wants you to go back..."

"I don't care what he wants, tell him to leave me the fuck alone."

"If I go back without you believe me love, my balls will be chopped off." I grimace in disgust.

"Oh shit, probably not the best thing to say right now." He says after seeing the look on my face.

"Yeah, no shit."

"Just go back...Hear him out." He rolls his eyes as if he's bored.

"I'm good." I give him a tight smile before turning and walking the opposite way.

"Hey!...Yo where you goin? You don't know the city." He shouts as he catches up to me.

"None of your business now can you leave me alone?"

"No can do. Like I said Boss will have my balls." At the mention of 'boss' my head snaps in his direction, halting my steps.

"So-so you're in the erm m-mafia...?" I stutter.

"Don't go shy on me now love, this was getting interesting." He jokes.

"Look I want to be left alone..." I say, he looks me in the eyes before nodding his head.

"And what exactly do you want me to say to miserable ass?"

"Tell him i'll come talk when I want to, but right now, I want to be left alone. And I mean ALONE. No one following me.NO ONE."

"Yeah, he's gonna take that well, isn't he?"

"I don't care how he takes it. Now if you don't mind, I'd like you to leave." Walking away I roll my eyes when I hear heavy footsteps following behind me.

"And how exactly do you expect to get home?" He asks as I look around coming to terms with me being lost.

"I don't know." I drop my head not being able to think of anything.

"I'll drop you off at your aunts and then I will leave." He suggests

"You think I'm going to get into a car with someone I've just met. Better yet someone I don't even know what their name is." I laugh sarcastically. He steps forward and offers his hand for me to shake.

"Hi I'm Cam, your boyfriend's best friend and 2nd in command. Nice to meet ya..." I look down at his hand.

"Yeah...No. Goodbye Cam." I turn to walk away again. Getting about 10 feet away from him he shouts "Wrong way sweetheart." I slowly turn around to face him.

"It's that way." Pointing in the complete opposite way of where I was walking. I mumble a 'thanks' before walking in the supposed 'right' direction. Leaving behind a smug looking Cam.