Chapter 2

After a slow hour passes i pull up to my Aunts address, looking out of my window i can already tell that this place is a mansion. I guess i forgot to tell you that my mothers side of the family are quite wealthy. I pull into the drive my eyes snapping to the huge front door being opened. Collecting my things as quick as i can i get out of the car. 

"Delilah? honey is that you?" My Aunt asks with the biggest smile on her face.

"Hey Aunt Jenna!" Dropping my things on the ground i run into her arms for the biggest hug of my life.

"You look stunning." She praises as we pull away.

"Is she here!?" A voice shouts from inside the house. I immediatly know its Uncle John. Seconds later a tall man walks out and waddles over to me.

"Uncle John, its so nice to see you." Squeezing him in a tight hug.

"God you've grown up kiddo. Come lets get you settled in, i'll grab your bags."

"Thanks John." I take Jenna hand as she guids me into the mansion i now call home. As soon as i enter my jaw hits the floor. Right there infront of the door hangs the most beautiful chandelia i have ever seen in my entire life, directly in the middle of two staircases. Jenna leads me into what i think is a dining room and through to the huge kitchen. After a short tour she leads me to a room upstairs.

"This will be your room." She says as she opens the door. And if i wasnt stunned before i am now, this bedroom is breathtaking. Queen sized bed set against the wall with the softest looking sheets i have ever seen, looking around the room i cant help but compare this with my old room. A single bed with sheets as old as my grandma, a room in which i could barely move. I look over to the corner of the room and see my bags already there just waiting for me to unpack. Just when i thought this room couldnt get any better i open a door to a balcony, covered in red roses with a white table and chair in the corner, overlooking a huge backyard. 

I turn to my left and see a house similar to the one im in now. I guess this neighbourhood is rich. I walk back into my room and get to unpacking. Several hours and a full closet later i decide thats it for today.

"Dinner sweetie!" My Aunt shouts from the kitchen. I make my way down admiring the decorations whilst i do. Entering the dining room the smell of Turkey hits my nostrils. I look around the table and see mounds of food just waiting for me to devour. I sit at the end of the table, opposite me Uncle John and next to him Jenna. I plate up my food knowing full well that both Uncle John and Jenna are staring at the amount im putting on my plate as if ive grown a second head.

"So Delilah, you said you would show us something?" Jenna asks and i suddenly drop my fork on my plate scaring myself in the process. I clear my throat, knowing that this isnt going to be so easy to tell people, it never has.

"Well its hard to explain so im just going to show you." as soon as the words leave my mouth i regret them instantly. Pushing the chair back i stand up at the end of the table. Glancing up to make sure they are both watching me i sigh. Breathe D, ok just breathe. I pull my top up so its showing my stomach and side. Gasps fill the room as the rake their eyes over the scars and newly formed bruises on my stomach. I look up to see Aunt Jenna covering her mouth with her hand whilst she tries to hold in her tears, and Uncle John stunned to the point he hasnt looked away.

"W-what happened?" Jenna finally asks after what feels like an eternity.

"Father." I whisper.

"Sorry?" John asks which tells me they didnt hear me or they are shocked.

"Father." I say aggressivly.

"WHAT!" Both yell at the same time.

"It sarted after mom died and 2 days ago was the last one, thats why i came here, he left for work and it was my only chance to escape, please dont call him, dont tell him where i am." I say in one breath.

"7 years old?" Jenna asks, still as if im going to say 'ha gotcha'.

"Yeah." Seconds later im engulfed in a hug from both of them, Jenna crying buckets of tears and John wiping a tear or two away.

"Its ok, ive learnt to deal with it."

"Baby thats not something you get used to." John explains. I know there only trying to help and show sympathy but i hate that. I always have, people who give me sympathetic looks, pity its not something i aim to get. So seeing two people i just practically met show pity for my beaten, scared body angers me.

"Im going to go to bed." I say as i pull away from the hug, i head upstairs and into my room. Crawling into the cold soft sheets i soon fall asleep into peaceful slumber.

*******************************************************************************************

I HAVE A VISION, IT WILL GET THER EVENTUALLY!!!!!