Chapter 25

Micha's pov

I get back to the house as quick as possible, knowing I'm late and Liliah is sitting at home waiting for me. I like that idea, of having her to always come home to. God Micah it's only been a few weeks and your already in love with this girl. Still, I like the idea of coming home to not only my daughter but another beautiful girl.

I pull up to the house and roll up the drive way, wiping my face once again in the mirror of my bike making sure I have no blood still left splattered on my neck or cheeks. Upon entering I shout, "Hey Liliah, sorry I'm so late, meeting ran over!" I get no reply. Walking into the living room I see a blanket stretched out on the sofa but no Liliah in sight.

"Liliah!" I shout once more. Nothing. No reply again. Where the fuck could she have gone. I walk into the kitchen seeing nothing I walk into the hallway; out of instinct I look down the hallway towards my "office"

"FUCK!" I scream as I see the steel door open. No,no,no fuck no why? Micah... why? Why the fuck did you leave her alone in your house? You've done it before. My inside voice says back to me. I reach into my pocket, pulling out my phone and dialing her number. "Come on Liliah pick up, please." I say out loud.

Suddenly I hear a phone ringing from upstairs. Liliah. I run upstairs following the sound of her phone as I keep mine to my ear. The noise stops as I round the corner on the first floor. The only door in this hallway is the closet.

"Liliah? Baby come out I know you're in there." I say as I rest my head against the door. Desperation drips from my voice as I beg her to come out so I can explain myself. Panicked. That's how I feel. Scared that I'm going to losing her.

"I know you've seen inside that room. Let me explain. Please." She doesn't say anything but I can hear her trying to keep her tears silent. Fuck. I hate this feeling in my chest. Shes scared of me.

"Baby please. I need you to let me explain. I promise I won't hurt you, just come out." I feel sick to my stomach knowing she's crying out in fear, knowing she thinks I'm going to hurt her or even worse kill... No Micah don't even say it. I stand there waiting. I'm not sure for how long, 2 hours maybe 3, who keeps track of time when your life is about to be ripped from you. Maybe a bit dramatic but that's how it feels. I slide down the wall next to the door and wait. Wait for her to come out.

I'm startled when someone shakes my leg. Widening my eyes, I look left and right until I see a figure kneeling down in front of me.

"Liliah..." She cuts me off before I can finish.

"Shhh... we will talk later. Just go to bed." She stands up and leans against the wall opposite me. I'm confused as to why she is so calm after finding her hiding in a closet crying like her life depended on it.

"Come with me. Please." I whisper.

"No, I can't... not right now. I'm going next door. I'll come over tomorrow at 8, don't forget I still have to babysit your daughter." I wish she would stay, let me explain.

"Promise?" I plea.

"I promise."

I let out a breath of relief. "Ok goodnight, Liliah."

She nods her head. "Goodnight, Micah." She turns and walks to the end of the hall.

"Liliah!" She turns around and looks back at me.

"I won't hurt you. Ever. You know that right?" I ask.

"I do" And with that she disappears around the corner, and I start thinking at what the fuck I am going to say to get her to listen or even believe me.