Chapter 22

We arrived at Micah's just as his phone began to ring, looking up at me I shake my head.

"Go ahead take it, I'll be inside."  

************Micah's POV************

"Speak." I say into the phone.

"We have a problem." Michael, one of my tracker's answers.

"Fuck, what now?" I sigh, bringing my hand up to my eyes rubbing them in frustration.

"Gage was spotted just outside of the compound, rifle pointed at the gate. It was Jen who saw the glint in the sunlight. We sent up a drone he's about half a mile out hidden in the tree line. What do you want us to do?" For fuck's sake, more fucking trouble. Can't go a day without it.

"Nothing. I'll deal with it, send me the image from the drone." With that I end the phone call and walk towards the door. Upon hearing the front door open Liliah's head whips round to look at me.

"You, okay?" Hearing her voice sooths, the anger inside me, as cliché as that sounds its true.

"Yeah baby, I'm fine. I'm needed at work. I'll be 2 hours top; the menu is in the kitchen draw under the sink, order us both some food and I'll be back soon." I place a kiss on her forehead before grabbing my suit jacket and leaving.

My phone dings with the image of Gage lying down in the tree line, sneaky fucking bastard trying to hunt my own men. Shaking my head in anger, I throw my leg over my bike and roll out of the driveway. Half an hour later I'm hidden in the tree line of my compound with my gun pointed at Gage's head.

"What are you doing here Gage?"

"Tsk. You know he's always watching, right? You're never going to get rid of him."

"So that's why you're here. Your one of his puppets?"

"I'm not here to kill you, Micah. Just to send a warning."

"What warning? Why is he so obsessed with me and my life?"

"You took something of his, something he cared about, he just wants you to suffer the same way he does." 

"OK! Enough! I'm tired of his Bullshit, he wants me he can come get me himself." With that I fire my gun into his skull causing a splatter of blood to spray my face as his body slumps to the floor. I let out a breath of relief as I see him lying on the ground in a pool of his own blood. Reaching into my pocket I dial Cam's number; within seconds he answers.

"Whatcha need?"

"I'm half a mile out of the compound with Gage's body, come help me move it before it attracts any wild animals."

"Erm... why are you out there by yourself?" He asks in a confused tone.

"CAM! Get your ass out of bed right now and get out here!"

"Fine, ok I'm on my way. Fucking cockblock." He whispers the last part, intending for me not to hear it. I roll my eyes and hang up before planting myself on a nearby rock. 20 minutes later I hear Cam in the bushes.

"Fuck, bitch, son of a gun. Ow!" He comes stumbling out of a bush swatting the air around his head. Rolling my eyes again, I stand up. 

"Great, thanks for gracing me with your presence, can we get a move on please."

"Is it on me? I feel as if it's on me."

"What? What's on you?" He finally registers me being there.

"Hey buddy, oh nothing I walked into a spiders web anyway where's the body you need moving?" I step back revealing the body lying on the ground behind me.

"Wowzers, you did a number on him huh?"

"No time for jokes Cam, Liliah is at home waiting for me, lets hurry this up."

"Sir yes Sir." As he says this, he salutes me as if I'm his captain, I'm his boss, two different things.

"So, what did he say before you yeah know?" He makes a gun with his index and middle finger and imitates firing at his own head.

"Apparently he's always watching, said I took something of his and he wants me to feel the same pain as he does."

"Damn dude whatcha do to him for him to go through to so much trouble at trying to kill you?" I look up at him as I grab ahold of Gage's legs whilst Cam grabs his shoulders.

"Nothing... I did nothing." That's a lie, I did do something, I killed his wife. His best friend. But no one knows, that's why I lied to my best friend. Don't tell him I called him that he won't ever let me forget it.