Imagine: Jake

Plot: You forgot to bring an umbrella to school and it's raining. You don't know what to do but a boy came up to you with an umbrella and walked you home.

•••

"Alright class that's it for today's lesson. Be sure to do your homework and get it turned in by Friday. Class dismissed", the teacher said before students began to quickly pack their things and leave. It had been raining since lunch and you were worried. Why you may ask? Well you had forgotten to bring an umbrella to school, even though your mother had reminded you before you left your house this morning.

You grabbed things out of your locker and quickly went to the front of the school. 'Maybe it isn't raining that badly', you thought, hoping you could just wear your hoodie and still be somewhat dry. But your hopes came crashing down as you opened up the school doors and saw it was practically raining cats and dogs.

"How am I supposed to walk to the bus stop in this weather?", you asked yourself, trying to think of a way to go to the bus stop and stay somewhat dry. But of course there were no possibilities.

1. You can try and run to the bus stop but there's a chance you can slip and fall and get all wet, as well as hurt yourself.
2. You can just wear your hoodie and walk to the bus stop but you would be soaked from how hard it was raining.

You kept thinking of possibilities but none of them would work. Trying to call your mother to pick you up wouldn't work since she was busy at work.

"What do I do now!", You exclaimed as you held yourself, starting to feel cold and shiver. Soon enough you heard the school doors open but you decided to ignore it, thinking it was another student going home.

"Aren't you going home?", a sweet and gentle voice called out. You turned around to see a boy with an umbrella in his hand looking over at you. "I would but I don't have an umbrella", you said to the boy. He looked at you then to the rain then back at you.

"Well if you want I can walk you home", he suggested, walking a bit closer over to you. "Oh no it's fine I don't want to waste your time", you said while nodding no.

"Oh no worries, I have nowhere to be at right now so it wouldn't hurt to help you out and walk you home", you thought for a moment. You could just wait for the rain to stop but from the looks of it, it doesn't look like it'll stop any time soon. Plus you were already cold and wanted to go home and lay in bed.

"I guess you can walk me home", you quietly said. The boy smiled as he walked by your side. "Okay! Here get under the umbrella", he opened the umbrella and put it above the two of you. You two started walking as you began telling him where to go. He looked over at you and saw the rain still hitting your shoulders.

You felt the boys arms go around your waist and pull you closer to him, causing you to become flustered. He quickly noticed how flustered you were.

"Sorry! I just saw that the rain was still getting on you so I pulled you closer to me so you can't get wet", he said as he looked over at the ground. He still had his arms around you, tightly, which caused your heart to beat faster.

"I-it's fine, thank you", you thanked him as you continued telling him where to go. You still couldn't stop thinking about how tightly his arm was wrapped around you. You blushed thinking about how sweet he was, remembering how he said he didn't want you to get wet.

"Do we turn left or right?", he asked, causing you to get out of your thoughts. "We turn right", he nodded and finally after 4 minutes of just pure silence with the rain in the background, you arrived home.

"There's my house over there", you said. He nodded and walked you over to your front porch, making sure you were under something so that you couldn't get wet. Once he knew you were okay he let go of your waist and looked over at you. You two made eye contact for 5 seconds before he cleared his throat and looked at the rain.

"Well I'm glad you got home safely without getting wet. I don't want you to get sick or anything", again with the sweet and kind words, making your heart do things it's never done before.

"Be sure to bring an umbrella tomorrow too! It's going to rain again so don't forget. Unless you want me to walk you home again", he said and winked at your before smiling.

"Don't worry I won't forget this time. Thank you for walking me home, it was really nice of you....", you paused as you realized you didn't know the name of the kind boy who had walked you home. He seemed to notice and laughed before looking at you with a smile on his face.

"Jake, Jake Sim". You thanked him again and with that he smiled once again before waving bye to you and walking off, with you looking over at his figure until he was gone from your sight.

The first imagine on this book!! I hope you guys like this little story, I got bored and decided to write this cause why not. Also sorry if some parts don't make sense, I'm writing this at 12 in the morning and I'm really tired. If you have any suggestions for me be sure to dm me!

Word Count: 989 Words
Written: 02/20/21
Edited: 11/29/21