Imagine: Ni-ki

Plot: You cry in a classroom after getting rejected and soon you're comforted by a random boy who you don't know.

•••

"I'm sorry but I don't like you that way. I'm sorry if I made it seem like that but I actually like someone else", there you were standing right in front of your crush, now getting rejected by them.

You had decided to confess to your crush that you've liked for a while now. They were such a nice and amazing person and you had thought they liked you back but turns out you were wrong.

"Don't get me wrong you're an amazing person but I just see you as a friend. I hope this doesn't hurt our friendship...", they said while looking at you. You tried to hold in your tears so you didn't have to cry in front of them.

"Oh...it's okay, it wasn't a huge crush anyways, but yeah, this won't affect our friendship", you stuttered. You kept looking at the floor and kept telling yourself not to cry as tears were slowly forming.

"Y/N I'm sorry it's just-"

"No it's okay, it's fine...no need to worry", you said while playing with your fingers. You didn't have the strength to look into their eyes.

"I have to go now", you quickly walked away as your crush tried to stop you to try and talk to you but you were already gone.

'Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry', you repeated to yourself as you walked as far away from them as possible. You ended up entering a classroom that was no longer in use and quickly closed the door. Right when you had closed the door, tears started falling down your cheeks. You sat on the floor and silently cried, hugging your knees.

"I'm so stupid...", you said to yourself. The pain you felt was unlike any pain you've ever dealt with. It hurt, so much. 'Is this how it feels to be heartbroken?', you asked yourself. You continued to cry to yourself, letting out all your pain and emotions.

"Excuse me?", said a random and unfamiliar voice. You slowly looked up and saw a boy standing in front of you, looking at you awkwardly.

"Oh god, I am so sorry! I didn't know someone was in here. I'll go now if you want", you said while grabbing your bag and about to get up. The boy quickly stopped you which made you look at him.

"No it's okay! You can stay in here as long as you want. And you can continue to cry if you want, I just want to make sure you're alright", you looked at him confused as he sat down beside you, placing his bag on the side of him. He cleared his throat before looking at you.

"Don't worry, I won't judge. Whatever it is that you need to let out, just let it out. It hurts to see people upset and cry", after he said that to you, you began to slowly cry again. The boy awkwardly wrapped his arm around you and brought you closer to him, leaning your head on his shoulder.

"Shh shh, let it out", he quietly said to you, patting your head. You leaned closer to him and cried even more. For some odd reason, you felt a bit better having someone beside you to comfort you. Slowly you stopped crying and all that can be heard in the room were your little sniffles.

"Whatever it is that made you upset, I want you to know that things happen for a reason. It's okay to cry sometimes but just know you aren't alone in this", the boy said while lifting you up and looking at you. You looked back at him and felt a strange feeling. He was really good looking, you can't deny that. The fact that he stayed with you to comfort you made you blush a bit.

"Thank you", you quietly said. You looked at him again and he showed you a small smile that seemed to make you feel better.

"You're welcome. Now I don't ever want to see you cry like this again, it really hurt seeing you in pain", he chuckled while you were now sitting there awkwardly. 'He must think I'm weird now', you thought. The first impression that he has of you now is that you're a cry baby which you are now embarrassed of.

"No need to feel embarrassed at all! We all have those days where we just need to let it out", he said before getting up and grabbing his bag. You thought he was just gonna say goodbye and leave you here but then you saw a hand go in front of you. You looked up and saw him in front of you, offering to help you up. You held his hand as he helped you get up, and he even grabbed your bag for you.

"Now don't cry anymore alright?", you nodded while getting your bag from him. You both then stood there awkwardly while the whole room was silent. He cleared his throat before turning his body to face you. He smiled at you before putting a hand in front of you.

"I'm Nishimura Riki but you can call me Niki", you shook his hand before smiling back at him, telling him your name as well.

"I'm Y/N"

"Nice to meet you Y/N, I hope we can become friends"

Sorry for not updating in a while. Just been busy with school. I hope you enjoy this new chapter! Ily and thank you so much for 1k reads on this book <3

Word Count: 957 Words
Written: 03/15/21
Edited: 11/29/21