Please Read

Hey guys. This is another important update so please read!!

So recently there's been a YouTube video that enhypen had posted where supposedly (still hadn't been comfirmed) that a member had sang the n-slur in the video. Lots of fans have different opinions on this. I know some people said they heard the member say the n-word while others say they didn't hear it.

For me personally, I couldn't really hear the n-slur in the video. I've watched the clip many times to try to see if I can hear anything but for me I heard "skrrt skrrt" then heard another member say "neol saranghae" right after that. Now again this is just what I hear, others could've heard different.

Now, I'm a non-black engene, so for me I have no right to speak up on this. I don't think I have a right to speak up on this and defend anyone or any of the members. Again, it hasn't been confirmed if someone said the n-slur or not. For me personally, I don't think non-black engenes should be defending enhypen on this current situation. We don't know anything yet so we shouldn't be jumping into conclusions and say that he didn't say it or not.

I've also heard from many fans that black engenes are now getting hate on weverse by other "fans" (if I can even call them that). Those people who are being racist towards black engenes and calling them the n-slurs are just straight up disrespectful and they know what they're doing. To any black engenes who are reading this, I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. Nobody should deal with this type of racism. If you see anyone who is being rude/racist/and disrespectful on weverse or anywhere else, please report them.

I'm not having a full on say in this situation (since I feel like I don't have a say on this as a non-black engene), therefore I am not defending enhypen on this and such (if that makes sense). I do hope that be:lift can come out with a statement and clear this whole situation. And with that, I hope that either way, be:lift can educate the members on these types of things. I don't stand with racism and I think everyone in the music industry, who aren't black should be educated on these types of things as it is a huge problem in our society today.

I hope everyone can understand where I'm coming from. If I had missed any parts about this whole situation, please let me know in the comments.

Again, I'm not defending any of the members on this situation cause I believe that as a Mexican engene, I don't have a say on this. I hope this whole situation can be cleared out and I hope this fandom can get better as time passes. I don't tolerate with racism and I'm VERY disappointed with the people who are being immature and disrespectful to other black engenes.

Again, if you see a comment that is being rude/racist/and disrespectful towards a black engene/the black community, please report it.

Word Count: 542 Words
Written: 06/29/21