how manipulative characters would be played by enhypen

i saw someone on tiktok do this with the "meant to be yours" song that's been trending on tiktok which is known as the "veronica open the door please" sound (if that makes sense)

credits to @_lee_jenoo! i saw them do this and decided to do it myself but with enhypen. please remember that these are my own opinions! feel free to let me know what you all think :)

and yes this is another toxic update for those of you who love them (it's okay i love the toxic ones too!!)

• • •

heeseung — threats — "veronica don't make me come in there. i'm gonna count to three!!"
if you were ever in a toxic relationship with heeseung, i feel like he'd lose his patience easily with you. so if you were testing his patience one day, he would just break. he'd threatened you just so you can shut up. he'd say things like, "if you keep talking that way i'm gonna hurt your family. you want me to hurt your family? no? then shut your mouth" or "if you try to leave me, you'll regret it badly". he'd constantly say things like that to you so much to the point where you're scared to leave him. and that's exactly what he wants. cause i know he'd want to have all the power in the relationship.

jay — sweet talking — "veronica, sure you're scared, i've been there. i can set you free"
i know jay would play the nice guy to trick you. there would be times where he's just flat out rude and disrespectful to you (in a toxic relationship) to the point where your friends would notice. and if he heard that your friends told you to leave him, he'd start being nice. trying to trick you that he's not a bad guy and that your friends are just jealous of what you guys have. and he'd actually trick you. he'd be so nice and sweet to you for a while just so you don't leave him. he'd tell you things like, "see? i'm a gentlemen to my princess. your friends are telling you that i'm mean just so you leave me. why? because they're jealous of what we have". and you'd honestly start believing him.

jake — begging — "veronica can we not fight anymore please? can we not fight anymore?"
i can definitely see jake as the begging type. he just screams that role to me. if you two were in an argument and you said you were going to leave him, just know he'll do everything in his power for you to stay with him, even if that means begging on his knees. he'd say things like, "please don't leave me. i'll die if you leave me" or "please no, don't go! i'll do anything for you my love, anything!". this man would literally CRY if he has to, just so you can feel bad and forgive him for whatever argument you two were having.

sunghoon — aggressive behavior — "veronica!!"
yeah no, sunghoon would not have patience with you either. and he'd show it as well. he'd be aggressive towards you, not physically but mentally. he'd manipulate you by (somewhat) threatening you. probably saying things like, "don't you dare talk to me like that y/n, or you'll be starving for the next few days" or "you want to leave me? i'd like to see you try. either way, your pathetic self always comes running back to me". you know, stuff like that. and he honestly wouldn't care. he'd honestly have you wrapped around his fingers which he would use to his advantage.

sunoo — polite assertion — "open the- open the door please. veronica open the door"
the way sunoo would manipulate you would by playing the nice guy. i feel like if sunoo was ever being so mean to you to the point where you had had enough of him, he'd trick you by being nice to you. doing things like gently touching your cheek, wiping your tears, hugging you, stuff like that. he'd say things like, "i'm sorry baby. i didn't mean what i said earlier. i've just been stressed lately and i didn't mean to lash that out on you. do you forgive me baby?". i know this boy would be using sweet nicknames like baby or princess to you, just to soften you up.

jungwon — gaslight — "i am all that you need"
gaslighting and jungwon just screamed out to me. jungwon would gaslight you so much to the point where you think you're going insane and you wouldn't know why. jungwon would know what he's doing but does he stop? of course not, why would he when he has all the power against you? he'd tell you things like, "babe, you know i'm only doing this because i love you right?" or "stop crying will you? why are you so sensitive?" or "what are you talking about? that never happened. your memory is terrible". he'd continue this on until you're practically going insane.

niki — guilt tripping — "can't just leave me to bleed"
i know this boy would guilt trip the hell out of you. i can just see it. if you wanted to be left alone he'd say, "why? do you not love me anymore? why are you being so mean to me, all i ever did was show my love to you." things like that. or he'd say things like, "if you leave me, i'm going to be really sad and cry. do you want me to be sad?". and i know he'd be good at it too!! especially if you're a person who feels bad easily (like me). he'd know how to manipulate you, and that's by putting on this vulnerable act in front of you.

• • •

new update! not sure if i'm a fan of how this turned out but oh well. kind of rushed through this because i wanted to get this done because i'm very sleepy and i will be busy editing a video for my youtube channel lol. i hope you all enjoyed this update! wear your masks and stay safe, love you <3

word count: 1031 words
written: 02/24/22 - 02/26/22