38

Kedrick shuddered as he stood frozen in front of the guards. They hadn't moved an inch since he hot there and he knew it would be a challenge to go through them. This was afterall the Mancini mafia's estate.

The guards did not react much to the passing boy as they got curious people walking by everyday. For the people that lived under Alister's rule, the mansion seemed more as a historical castle that had been feared throughout the centuries and treated the outside as a tourist attraction, yet none of them were ever allowed to step a foot inside the huge garden that surrounded the otherwise dark manor. Those who tried were killed on the spot and the others were to frightened to even attempt anything similar.

Those were the rules. Other than the lords, no-one goes in and no-one comes out.

Kedrick slowly chewed on his lower lip as he approached the two enormous-looking men, Kamala still hanging from his arms. As he bagan getting closer to the gate, the men huddled up closer as they looked him over suspiciously.
"Where do you think you are going?" The larger looking male chuckled maliciously as his mind drifter over to thoughts of what he could do to the unconscious woman. With Alister getting feared more and more each day, he didn't have much of an opportunity to have fun with the intruders anymore. He would settle for anything right about now.

"I-I have to talk to Alister Mancini." Kedrick squirmed quietly under the two men's gaze.

The two guards looked at each other before letting out a disoriented laugh. "What exactly for?" They asked amused with no signs of seriousness spread around their smug faces.

"T-this woman, sh-she and the Don a-are together. W-we were kidnapped by the Russians a-and they sent us b-back. She needs medical help
and-"

His words were interrupted by the booming laughter coming from both of the men.
"Get out of here kid before I slaughter both of you."

Kedrick took a step back at his words and nervously shifted around. He knew the men that brought him here were probably keeping a close eye on him and therefore leaving was not an option.

"N-no. I- She- I'm telling the truth!" Kedrick exclaimed nervously, instantly regretting raising his voice at the two men.

"You expect us to believe that Alister Mancini is with this woman who looks like you just picked up from the street?" One of the men grimaced as they kept looking over at the unmoving girl.

"Please- I- c-call anyone! Anyone who would know. I- Please. You have to believe me. Think of what he would do to you. Of what he would do to you if you make us leave." Kedrick cried out as he kept looking in between the two. They did not share the same reaction however as they were slowly loosing their temper with the pathetic boy.
"I'm going to tell you one last time. Get out-"

"What is going on here?"

Kedrick snapped his head to face the masculine voice that erupted from inside the gate, hope filling up his eyes.
"F-father?"

Cullen stood by the gate, the smirk evident on his face as he watched his son by the entrance but instantly falling as his eyes landed on the woman he was carrying in his arms.

"Sir, this man is claiming that this woman is somehow involved with the Don." The guard answered, trying to keep his snickering at a minimum at the sight of his superior.

At first, Cullen didn't respond. He was too busy staring at the woman to even notice that the guard had addressed him. His eyes were supplied with confusion and anger but his calm expression never faltered.

Cullen's appearance had changed a lot since his son last saw him. Dark circles rested at the bottom of his eyes suggesting he hadn't had a proper night's sleep in days. His usually combed grayish hair was sprung all over the face and his rugged appearance made it clear he had not looked after himself properly.