3

Kamala

My eyes darted open.
I didn't know how long I was out, but based on my previous experiences I would say a few hours at most.

Even though my eyes were open, my head was still miles away. It felt as if I were dead, only I couldn't actually feel the death. My breaths were exiting my mouth in a swift motion and my unmoving hands were curled around my not so unconscious body.

After a while, I began to take in my surroundings. I was facing a ceiling.
Predictable, but which ceiling?
Because this was not the same as the one in my quarters.

In fact, this ceiling was very different. Instead of the bruised cracks and dust that I had been familiar with, this ceiling had a fancy royal black slope with a clean and smooth surface.
I suddenly realized the bed I was laying in was much different to the one I was used to. Unlike my bed, this one was soft and had pliable bedsheets. The bed was so comfortable I almost to dived back into slumber, but it was at that moment my memory came back to me.

Oh.

My.

God.

I was in the Don's room!

As soon as the thought hit me, I rapidly jumped up from the bed. My heart beat fastened and I could feel my breaths starting to swell up together. I took deep breaths but it wasn't enough to escape the panic that was arising.
After a moment, my pulse began to slowly hasten and I tried my hardest to recall how I got into this situation.

My immediate thought was that maybe I fell directly on the bed when I fainted. I dismissed the thought as soon as it came, knowing there was no way I could fall in that much of a right angle. Plus, I directly remember the contact with the floor.

Does that mean......somebody moved me?
But more importantly,
Did the Don come in while I was still here?

The thought of that made my chest rise abruptly with alarm. My eyes examined the room in a dash to make sure no one was present. They stopped upon realizing I was alone.
My mind started rushing into conclusions on what was to happen to me. Or what already happened to me.
I looked around the room again frantically looking for any piece of evidence on what what was happening. I didn't dare touch anything and I soon realized the room still remained unclean. My supplies were still on the ground and the entire room was untouched from where I left it.

"You're awake."

A deep velvety voice had arisen from behind me, startling me to my very core.
I looked behind me with wide eyes and I silently prayed it was not who I thought it was.
But alas, I was wrong.
Because before me stood the one person I never wanted to encounter.

The Don.

I stared at him with fear evident on my face.
While I, just as everyone, had heard of the the Don, I never actually saw him.
I knew he was considered one of the more attractive men alive but I never actually believed a person could have an effect on another like this.
Even though I was about to collapse from his intimidating stare he wore on his face, I could help but admire his godly features. I too had to admit he looked like he had been professionally sculpted.

He didn't look too happy to see me.

"Why are you here?"
He said in his not-so-polite-way.

My eyes held tears of terror in them. My feet were almost unrecognizably trembling and my pulse started to pick up pace. I could feel the panic creeping up to my chest and I mindlessly tried to contain it.

"I won't ask again. Why the fuck are you here?" The Don practically growled at me. Despite his obvious anger, his voice didn't rise a pitch. His tone was vicious, menacing even.

However my mouth stayed sealed shut without moving an inch. I was basically begging myself to say something, anything at that point, and yet nothing came out. My body was quivering with fear and aside from the tears forming in my eyes my body stayed close to paralyzed.

Alister's eyes swam deep within the concept of anger. It was scary to look at by itself, but downright terrifying once his irritation was obviously on display because of you.

It was only then when he started to walk towards me did the words fly out of my mouth.
"I-I'm s-sorry." I stuttered quietly.
This did not seem to please the Don in any way because he didn't stop walking towards me with the most intimidating facial expression I had ever seen, and that was saying something since I was surrounded by the mafia for the most of my life.

I began to slowly back away as he came closer to me. It didn't take long until I was backed up into a wall with the frightening figure in front of me.
Suddenly, he yanked me by the hair to pull me closer. He didn't pull hard enough to pull but it was enough to get his point across.
"Are you a spy?" He snapped.

My eyes widened at the question. I thought he was furious because I was present in his room while he was there but he was angry because he thought I was snooping for information for the other mafias. It made sense. He probably thought that I was using the maid attire as a disguise to get into into his room and steal information.
My pulse quickened on this thought and I immediately managed to croak out,
"N-no! I- I am just a maid."

The don's eyes furrowed and he gave my face a quick scan to see if I was lying.
After a few seconds that felt like an eternity, he let my head go.

There was a moment of silence, with Alister gaping at me with a suspicious look and me standing in the spot, too afraid to move.

"Then what the fuck do you think you are doing?" He broke the silence with the same frightening tone.
"I-I was a-assigned to clean this room." I answered so softly I didn't think he would hear it, but he did.

"Oh? Is that what you were doing?Because to me it looked like you were laying on the floor, hours after you were supposed to be done." Alister questioned with a sinister infliction. His voice had since softened but it was still overly intimidating. I felt like dying right there and then.

My mind tried to come up with something to reply with, but there was nothing I could say that resembled a proper excuse and would not get me punished. I was as good as dead.

I took a deep breath before murmuring a soft cry,
"I-I'm so sorry. I was cleaning your room a-and then s-suddenly I just fainted. I'm so s-sorry! I have t-these p-panic attacks s-sometimes. It will never h-happen again. P-please don't h-hurt me."

Alister still had a frown on his face. His expression expressed pure anger and yet it held a smidge of sympathy, but he hid it so quickly, that I thought I just have imagined it.

"Get out."

My body stood still as he answered me. I looked at him with wide eyes. Was he letting me go? Without punishment?
Or will I get it later?

"Didn't you hear me? Get the fuck out!" Alister growled.

He didn't need to tell me a third time as I was already running out of the door and onto the stairs.
———————-
It was 2:00 am.
Thankfully, my horrible encounter with the Don didn't tie into my schedule therefore I have not received whips for no attendance.

I couldn't sleep that night. I couldn't be too sure if some guard would bust in at any moment so I would receive my whips.
However morning came and no guests was in sight.

I wasn't sure if I avoided him or if I was just waiting for an inevitable ending.
The thought was not helping to cease my panic attack that was about to emerge.
It was now 04:30 and I, as well as the other kitchen maids were now on our way to prepare breakfast.
While on the way there, I quickly remembered I had to check whose room I was cleaning tonight.

After the disaster that happened last time, I was really shaken up and was already dreading having to go again.

I stopped before the list and took a deep breath.
I stepped forward until I was face to face with the words that would change my life forever.
I put my finger on the list and scrolled down until it reached my name and the person who I was to assist today.

No.

No.

Don Alister Mancini- Kamala Anderson

—————-
Don't forget to vote and comment your opinion!