5

As soon as the sound hit my ears I knew exactly who the voice belonged to.
My eyes tatted to fill up with worry and I slowly turned around and saw that my assumptions were correct.

I was staring directly at the most alluring blue eyes I had ever seen. I quickly lowered my gaze so I wouldn't make eye contact and I dropped my head to look at the polished floor.

My eyes started to get blurry as I realized my situation. I was in the room while the Don was. Again!
I did not know why I was not punished the last time, but momentarily, if I could escape punishment again, it would take a miracle. One that was not available to me.

"I-I'm so sorry my lord. I thought y-you would h-have been at d-diner." I replied hastily.
It was then that I realized I spoke to him without being addressed. The realization struck me like a bullet to the heart and I mentally prayed he wouldn't take notice.

"I wasn't hungry." He said not paying me any attention as he sat in his desk and went though his files.

I wasn't sure what to do so I stayed put on the spot with my head held down.
A few seconds have past with me not uttering a single word and the Don not addressing me in any way. Until,

"What are you waiting for? Clean!" He growled annoyed and I my mind quickly snapped back into reality.

I ran for the mop and the bucket of water almost instantly. My heart was pacing and I was afraid it would go into overdrive. I grabbed the mop and dropped it into the water promptly, making drips of water fall to the ground. My eyebrows furrowed in worry if the Don would mind but he didn't seem to notice nor care.

I sighed in relief and made my way into the room with the wet mop still at my grasp.

"Clean here." A voice boomed as I was about to open the bedroom door.

"P-pardon?" I asked quietly afraid he would snap at me for talking.

He lifted his eyes up to meet mine with his cold gaze. I immediately dropped my stare and looked on the ground.

"The bedroom doesn't need cleaning. This room does. Clean here!" He grumbled irritated. I could tell he hated explaining himself or even repeating his words.

I nodded swiftly and placed the mop on the ground of the room where his presence was undeniably felt.
My hands trembled as I thought about cleaning in front of him. He could easily kill me for one wrong task and it was almost impossible to clean properly in my nervous state.

My heartbeat was still very much on edge if not more so by my situation.
I swished the mop through the ground as carefully as I could until the water ran out. I kept making small glances in the Dons way to see if he was unpleased or bothered but he didn't seem to pay me any attention which I was wholeheartedly thankful for.

I quietly strolled back to the bucket of water but my foot caught the edge of the container causing me to fall down and splash all the water around me with a large bang.

I was laying on the floor, face red with embarrassment and shame.
"What the fuck?" Alister got up from His chate and came over to where I was despeartely trying to get up but failing and falling back to the ground.

I was on the edge of tears. I couldn't believe I was in a horrible situation with the Don again just barely one day later.

"What kind of a maid are you?" Alister shouted with no amusement to his tone.

He hands reached to take me by my waist and he successfully pulled me up to a standing position.
I was about to beg for forgiveness but I was caught off guard on how close we were. We were barely inches apart and before I could stop myself I looked into his blue eyes.
I didn't know what was wrong with me but at that moment my heart beat went into a calm pace and my mind slowly relaxed.

But then reality hit me as he let me go. I almost tripped again but thankfully stood my balance this time.
"Clean it up. I'm going to dinner and when I get back here, I want you gone. Understand?" Alister grunted and left the room leaving me alone in my returned panicked state.
————-
20 minutes.

It was 20 minutes since Alister had gone to dinner and I was mopping the room like crazy. My panic seemed to slowly decrease as I was almost done cleaning the room. I had about 5 minutes of work left and then I could finally leave this place.

Suddenly the door opened. My eyes widened in worry and I hesitantly looked at who came inside.
Alister.

He slammed the door shut and I noticed his furious visible features. He came up to the drawer and smashed the vase that lay on the edge.
He let out a curse before violently punching the cleaned wall until it had a visible hole.

I stood in my place unable to move. My heart sank as I watched him take out all his anger. My body was trembling but this time, it was not because of the panic attack, it was because of fear.

I watched with wide eyes the scene that was uncovering before me. I wanted to scream but no sound came out.
All of a sudden, I heard an object fall to the ground. I looked around on hurry only to realize that it was me who dropped the broom. And I wasn't the only one who heard.

Alister abruptly turned his head in my direction, fury still evident on him. He let our a groan once he realized I was still here.
I was sure the fear was written all over my face and I slowly started to back away.

Alister turned away from and stormed into his room.
I stood there not knowing what to do or say but desperately wanting to get away from the raging man.
So I stayed. Right there on the floor with hands trying to find a correct position to place themselves and my breaths increasing which each second as I heard the crashing of the objects in the other room.

Suddenly, the door opened abruptly to reveal a still very tense Alister. I wanted to run and yet all I did was stare and shiver in dread.

"I want a massage." The man stated and stepped into his bedroom.

For a second, I didn't hear. But then I did. I repeated it over and over until I was sure I heard right.

This request may seem uncommon to the naked eye, but it was a very usual request for a Don to make.

So then why was I freaking out right now? Easy. It was common for a Don to ask this of a maid who had overcome masseuse training!
I was a kitchen maid! I didn't have the honor to attend any training! Although, I doubted the Don knew the difference.

As per usual, when it came to the Don, I never knew what to do. There was no doubt in my mind that I had to obey him, but the thought of him in such an intimate position was making me picture things I should never picture.I was playing with fire and if I made one wrong move, I would get burned.

"What the fuck are you waiting for?" Alister roared from the other room and it was then that I knew I had no choice.

Holding back the tears, I slowly approached the very room I was supposed to give Alister what may very well be my death sentence.

———————
Don't forget to vote and comment your opinion!

Also, I know Alister is an asshole in the beginning but it would be weird if he started to be nice to her out of the blue.

The relationship will take time to develop.