27 | the next ceo & true blood

"What in the world?"

Jungkook observed Taehyung and Jimin laughing uproariously, prompting him to scoff loudly and shoot a death glare at both of them. "Taehyung," Jungkook called out, glaring at his boyfriend in disbelief that he was part of this supposed plan to scare him.

Taehyung finally halted his hysterical laughter. "It was Jimin's idea, so don't blame me now," he defended himself, raising his hands in a defensive gesture.

Jimin shrugged, getting up from the bed. "Yeah, it was my idea. And it was incredibly funny. You should have seen your face when you looked at me. That was so hilarious!"

"It wasn't funny!" Jungkook interjected with an unfazed expression.

"It was!" Jimin insisted.

"No, it was not!"

"Okay! Let's move on now. Shall we?" Taehyung interrupted, walking towards the sofa to bring the cake and presenting it to the alpha.

"What's that?" Jungkook asked, eyeing the box in Taehyung's hand.

"What do you think?" Taehyung responded with a roll of his eyes, uncovering the box. "Happy birthday, Mr CEO."

Jungkook smiled, approaching Taehyung and giving him a sweet kiss on the forehead. "Thank you. But wait— who brought this cake?" Alpha questioned, looking back and forth between Jimin and Taehyung.

"I— It doesn't matter, Kook." Taehyung nervously replied. "Let's cut the cake already."

Jungkook furrowed his brows but nodded anyway. Taehyung placed the cake on the table, lighting candles that read "25." Taehyung and Jimin sang "seing-il chughaminda," while Jungkook blew out the candles and cut the cake. Jimin and Taehyung clapped and cheered for the alpha.

"Happy Birthday, Kook."

"Happy birthday, Mr Jeon."

Taehyung and Jimin wished the alpha simultaneously.

"Thank you," Jungkook replied as he picked up a piece of cake and brought it to Taehyung's mouth. Taehyung happily ate it, giggling. Jungkook then offered a bite to Jimin, but intentionally moved the cake upwards, smearing whipped cream on Jimin's nose. The omega widened his eyes, looking at the alpha with a displeased face.

"Oops," Jungkook laughed, pulling the cake away from Jimin's cream-covered nose. "That was a mistake. Okay? I didn't do it intentionally. I was about to feed you, but— hey, wait! I said that was a mistake!"

Jungkook protested as Jimin grabbed another piece of cake from the table. Familiar with Jimin's instincts, Jungkook turned and ran away before Jimin could retaliate.

"Get your ass here, Mr CEO!"

"Get away from me!"

"Heck no!"

"I told you it was a mistake, and it's my birthday. At least I deserve this much."

Both started running around the room, with Jungkook ahead of Jimin, trying to escape the omega who pursued him as if his life depended on it. Taehyung laughed loudly, watching the two maniacs running around. He decided to join them by throwing another piece of cake on both of them, laughing again.