40 | soon to be boyfriends

"But how does whatever happened that night have anything to do with Hyunjin?" Jungkook asked, raising a quizzical brow after several minutes of silence.

Jimin's eyes widened for a moment, then he nervously smiled. "N-nothing. I-I mean, does it really matter now? Forget it. And it's not like you care about your stepbrother or anything."

Taehyung and Jungkook exchanged a knowing glance; they sensed Jimin was concealing something. Both fixed stern gazes on Jimin, prompting him to gulp anxiously. "Jimin," they chorused, indirectly urging him to come clean.

Omega sighed before taking a seat on the bed, looking down. "Actually, on that day, when Taehyung and I were," Jimin paused to clear his throat, his cheeks reddening as memories of that night flooded back, "w-were sharing that moment, I saw a shadow outside the room. That shadow turned out to be Hyunjin. He witnessed Taehyung and me kissing in the bedroom and filmed us. Then he blackmailed me."

"Blackmailed you?" Jungkook furrowed his brows, his fists already clenched.

Jimin nodded, meeting their gazes. "He threatened to expose the video to you if I didn't comply with his demands. I couldn't let him do that, especially since Taehyung wasn't ready. We'd talked about it, and he admitted to being scared. So, I didn't want to pressure him or burden you guys with this."

"What did he want you to do?" Taehyung asked, his brow furrowed.

Jimin hesitated, his voice faltering. His eyes darted between Jungkook and Taehyung, who stared at him with an intimidating intensity. Jimin, feeling vulnerable, wished he could shrink or disappear. Fear trembled in his legs, and his palms sweated on his lap.

"Jimin, we asked you something," Jungkook muttered through gritted teeth. "Don't make us repeat ourselves."

Why? Why me? Oh god, help me. Jimin wants to die.

"H-he," Jimin gulped harshly, shutting his eyes. "He asked me to sleep with him."

Silence.

Jimin opened his eyes, receiving no immediate response. "But I-I didn't do anything. I swear. I didn't let him touch me. I pretended to accept his offer, but in reality, I devised a plan to lock him in the room and then call Taehyung. However, he caught me trying to steal his phone, attacked me, and in the struggle, I hit him with a lamp. He fell unconscious. That's when you arrived and saw Hyunjin like that." Jimin said this in one breath, panting heavily afterward.

Jungkook maintained a stoic silence, turning away with tightly clenched fists as he strode towards the room's exit. Jimin's eyes widened at the departing alpha, prompting the omega to swiftly stand up and catch Jungkook, gripping his arm.

"Jungkook," Jimin muttered, halting him. Fuming with anger, Jungkook stopped when Jimin approached, his eyes dark and jaw tightly clenched. "W-where are you going? I-I told you he didn't touc—"

"Shut up!" Jungkook's alpha voice cut through, eyes flashing red, startling Jimin. The omega cautiously retreated his hand from Jungkook's wrist. "I don't care if he didn't touch you."

Jimin flinched at the growling tone. "He will pay for what he was about to do," Jungkook declared angrily. "I will end him with my own hands."

Jimin stepped back, fear evident, hands clutching the hem of his shirt. Despite the fear, the omega couldn't help but feel a flutter of excitement, cheeks blushing madly.