38 | is hyunjin dead?

Jimin found himself tucked beneath the sheets once again.

Having finished breakfast early in the morning, he engaged in a pleasant conversation with Taehyung before Beta departed for the office with Jungkook. Puzzled by Jungkook's odd behavior the previous night, Jimin struggled to understand it. However, he lacked the mental capacity to dwell on the matter any further. Could Jungkook somehow be aware of the events between Taehyung and Jimin? Was that why he seemed to be hiding something?

But that didn't make sense. If Jungkook did know, why hadn't he reacted? Why wasn't he upset or confronting either Jimin or Taehyung about their betrayal? Instead, he maintained an unsettling calmness. And how would Jungkook even find out? It's not as if Hyunjin had already sent the video to him or somethi— Wait! What if Hyunjin had already done so?

Jimin shook his head to dismiss his unending thoughts. "Stop overthinking, Jimin," he scolded himself internally. "Focus on finding a way to handle Hyunjin."

Jimin was lost in thought, gazing out through the transparent, large glass windows. His room, situated on the second floor, wasn't as spacious as Jungkook's and Taehyung's, but it was still sizable. Certainly larger than his room back at his own house or Yoongi's. Large windows adorned one side of the room, offering a view of the entire front garden. A newly renovated fountain now stood in the middle of the garden, a recent addition since Jimin arrived here three or four months ago.

The sudden knock interrupted Jimin's contemplation as he shifted his attention away from the window. He shrugged off the sheets and made his way towards the door. Who could be here at this hour? It couldn't be Jungkook or Taehyung; he had seen them off himself this morning.

Jimin swung the door open, startled by the sight that met his eyes.

Jeon Hyunjin stood in front of him, his mouth emitting a disgusting whistling sound as his eyes scanned the omega from head to toe. The omega was dressed in a casual white t-shirt and grey sweatpants, while the Alpha leaned against the doorframe, arms folded across his chest.

Jimin's eyes narrowed, and he found himself gritting his teeth. 'What do you want now?' he inquired sharply.

Hyunjin let out a humorless chuckle. "Well," he said as he stood straight, unfolding his arms, and began walking past Jimin into the room. "I don't see why we can't talk inside. We'll get more 'privacy' that way." He spoke, strolling toward the bed and sitting at the edge, with his hands rested on either side as he leaned backward.

Jimin was beyond furious; it was an understatement.

He closed the door but didn't lock it, of course. He didn't want anyone overhearing their conversation because he knew why Hyunjin was there. Despite the absence of anyone at home except for busy servants downstairs, he was wary of the saying: 'walls have ears.' He couldn't afford to take any risks. Truthfully, Jimin was scared. What would he do if Hyunjin attempted something inappropriate?

Although angry and upset, Jimin tried to conceal his emotions. He didn't want to provoke Hyunjin, who possessed a scandalous video of him and Taehyung kissing in the bedroom hallway. Hyunjin wouldn't hesitate to send it to the entire pack.

If it were just Jungkook, Jimin wouldn't be as frightened and anxious. But this wasn't solely about him; it concerned the entire pack. What if Hyunjin sent it to everyone? What would they think of Taehyung, especially since he was destined to become the future Luna? Jimin couldn't allow the beta's image to suffer among the pack members, especially Jungkook, who was the alpha.