37 | friends again

"He lies there unconscious, a result of hours without a meal. As I mentioned, his body is weakened, and he must consume nutritious food. Starving himself for this duration is detrimental, not just for him but also for the baby," Namjoon spoke gently. "Rest assured, I'm prescribing him some vitamins. Ensure he takes them every night."

Taehyung was taken aback to learn that Jimin hadn't eaten for hours, implying he skipped dinner. Why? Was he waiting for Taehyung to return?

"Alright, I'll make sure he takes it," Taehyung replied, glancing at the bed where Jimin lay, still unconscious. "Thank you for coming at this hour, hyung."

"It's my pleasure, Taehyung," Namjoon smiled, grabbing his bag from the couch. "I'll take my leave now. See you soon, Taehyung."

Taehyung nodded. "See you, hyung."

Namjoon left, leaving only Taehyung and Jimin in the room. Taehyung regretted his earlier words to Jimin; he knew he didn't mean any of it. He didn't intend to lash out at Jimin, but something took over him. Taehyung cursed himself for his harsh words, now responsible for Jimin's current condition. Grateful that Jimin wasn't seriously harmed, Taehyung decided to focus on improving his health, taking responsibility for his actions.

Descending to the kitchen, Taehyung decided to prepare food for Jimin. At eleven in the night, he found himself in the kitchen, crafting a vegetable soup and arranging a plate of cut fruits, complemented by a glass of orange juice. A wholesome meal. Carrying the tray upstairs, he discovered Jimin still in a deep sleep. He debated waking him for a meal but couldn't bring himself to interrupt his peaceful rest. Jimin looked ethereal in his slumber, captivating Taehyung's gaze.

Gulping, Taehyung placed the tray on the nightstand, covering the soup to keep it warm until Jimin awoke. If he didn't stir soon, Taehyung resolved to reheat the soup. Sitting next to Jimin on the bed, he continued to observe. The room was softly lit by the moon through the balcony, the nightstand lamp doing little to brighten it. Taehyung turned off the lamp, settling back on the bed next to Jimin.

His gaze lingered.

A gentle breeze wafted through the windows, tousling Jimin's blond locks over his face. Taehyung's hand moved instinctively, brushing the strands away and tucking them behind Jimin's ear. Jimin shifted in his sleep, leaning towards Taehyung's side, revealing his serene expressions. Taehyung gulped, retracting his hand, a mix of guilt and admiration in his eyes.

Jimin's eyes slowly fluttered open.

Before Taehyung could make a move, Jimin was wide awake, and their gaze locked in a brief but meaningful moment.

Taehyung swallowed nervously, avoiding direct eye contact with Jimin. The Omega, Jimin, playfully rubbed his eyes before settling onto the bed. Only then did Taehyung shift his focus to him.

"Hey, A-Are you feeling okay now?" Taehyung's concern echoed in his voice.

Jimin silently nodded in response.

"I've prepared some food for you. Eat," Taehyung urged, delicately placing a tray on the bed. "Namjoon hyung mentioned you haven't eaten in hours. The soup is still warm."

Removing the plate covering the bowl, Taehyung expertly wielded a spoon, swirling the hot soup. Jimin observed the plate and Taehyung with a mixture of curiosity and gratitude.

"Namjoon hyung also prescribed some vitamins. Let's start with the soup, and then you can take the vitamins," Taehyung suggested, extending a spoonful toward Jimin's mouth.

Baffled by Taehyung's abrupt shift in demeanor, Jimin hesitated momentarily before relenting, the growl of his stomach reminding him of his need.

"Did you eat?" Jimin inquired while being fed.