12 | hang out

Jungkook brushed off his father's presence, striding confidently toward the guests, with Taehyung trailing behind to prevent any impulsive actions.

Jimin remained rooted to his spot, watching the unfolding scene with a mix of confusion and curiosity.

Mrs. Jenny offered a faint smile to her supposed son-in-law.

In front of the lady, Jungkook wore a forced smile. "Hello, Ms. Jenny. Apologies for any inconveniences. I'd like to clarify something my father may have overlooked."

Mister Jeon furrowed his brows in confusion.

"I'm gay," Jungkook stated bluntly, leaving Jenny in shock. Julia's expression hinted at her reluctance to marry him.

"And this guy..." Jungkook continued, seizing Taehyung's hand, equally astonished at his lover's unexpected declaration. "...is my lover."

A gasp escaped Jimin, quickly muffled by his hand to stifle laughter.

Jungkook's father clenched his fist in frustration. "Jungkook—"

Jungkook intervened with an outstretched hand, signaling his father to remain silent.

"So, this is my reality. I, Jeon Jungkook, am gay. Unfortunately, I can't marry your daughter. I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your time," he explained as he walked away, pulling Taehyung along.

Mrs. Jenny turned toward Jungkook's father. "Is this why you called us here? For this disrespect? Ugh! Julia, let's go," she declared before exiting.

Jungkook's father sighed in frustration, casting a glance at the still-standing Omega.

Jimin raised his hands in surrender before gracefully walking away.

*

The symphony of clattering chopsticks and plates echoed through the dining area as the Jeon family partook in dinner, a heavy silence hanging in the air.

Jungkook's father occupied the main chair, flanked by Jungkook and Taehyung seated side by side.

Jimin sat across from them, indulging in his meal with fervor, as though he had been deprived of sustenance for an extended period.

Observing Jimin's enthusiastic eating, Jungkook's father couldn't hide his surprise. "Hey, Omega! Why the rush? The food isn't going anywhere," he attempted to lighten the atmosphere with a joke, only to be met with silent responses.

"Come on, everyone! If you had informed me about him earlier, I wouldn't have called Jenny and her daughter," he grumbled, frustrated by the lack of attention from his son.

"Exactly! Stop leaping to conclusions before understanding the entire situation. You found Jimin at home and introduced him as our servant. How dare you, Dad?" Taehyung sighed, placing a comforting hand on Jungkook's thigh. Jimin slowed down his eating, tuning in to the unfolding conversation.

"I've already told you, son! If you had informed me in the first place, this wouldn't be happening. I'm not an astrologer who would have magically known that you found an Omega."

Jungkook scoffed. "Whatever!"

"Now, I don't want you to find anyone for me since we have Jimin with us. He is going to live with us from now on. I hope you don't have any problem with that," the Alpha declared, and his father nodded in agreement.