11. Same Mistakes

Warning: Contains abusing and swearing.

NATALIE'S POV

"Ms. Rose may I speak with you?" Dr.Rancourt asked.

I look up from my desk as I scribble some additional notes in my neat notebook. My notebook is color-coded with red, blue, and green. I like to keep everything organized.

What could he possibly want? I have straight As and the lowest grade I have ever gotten on my tests was a 99%. I felt so bad after that...

I have tried to stay away from the cool group. They are always being so mean to me. Yet, I try to ignore them and focus on school. I want to go to a good college and become a successful business woman. In the inside, I want to be a singer but people are always telling me to stop trying so I'll just sing to myself. I'm okay with it, really!

I try not to look nervous. I mean, one bad thing and my academic scholarship could be taken away. I'm not going to do that to my parents. They can't afford the tuition!

I fix my bun, making it as neat as possible and I push my glasses to the bridge of my nose. I stand up and approach him.

"Of course sir, may I help with anything?" I ask politely.

"No that's okay Natalie but I understand that you are have achieved perfect grades." He says.

I nod knowing my grades by heart.

"Since you are the smartest student in this school, a college has reached out. They are giving you a full scholarship. Does Damon ring a bell?" He asks.

My heart skipped a beat. A full scholarship is all I ever wanted and Damon is an amazing school! It is a catholic school but I can deal with the extra class. I don't think I'm smart enough for it. I may be in advanced math but I do know that college math is very difficult.

I shake my doubts away and put on a face a happiness.

"Damon wants me?" I ask still shocked.

"Yes and they are paying for everything. You just need to show up!" He says adding even more good news.

"Oh my goodness, thank you so much for telling me and if you can please tell them that I will take their offer in great consideration. Goodbye Dr. Rancourt and have a great day" I say heading out of the room. I pass the door and enter into the long hallway of my high school.

My parents will be very proud. In Damon I can make a fresh start. I can have friends and there wouldn't be people trying to pull me down into the pit of insecurities, anxiety and panic attacks, and depression which I am currently stuck in.

In Damon, I'll show everyone my talent, my only talent. Hopefully they will be more accepting and I can fit in.

As I walk to my locker to get my stuff I hear laughing and light whispering. I feel my face getting warm and my hands start twitching. I bite my lip and quicken my pace. I don't even want to remember the last time I was alone with those bullies.

Soon, I start running, or at least attempting to. I have been told I can't run so I try to jog instead. I smile when I see my locker at a distance. Yet, I get anxiety when I hear footsteps behind me.They were all in sync.

THUMP THUMP THUMP.

I can feel panic setting in. This can't happen, not after I have just heard the greatest news! I run faster, adrenaline rushing in my veins. My heart has never pumped faster. I can already feel my eyes water when the sounds gets louder and louder.

My cheeks are wet with tears. I feel light-headed and the whole hallway seems to blur my vision. Why does this hallway seem to infinite? Where's my locker? I look around panicking and hyperventilating. I hear snickers a few feet away.