16: Another World

If you recognize this👆🌎, you've been here for a long time.
Also, I'm going to apologize right now if u aren't Catholic but this chapter is going to include some Catholic references. I mean it is a Catholic school.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NATALIE'S POV

"So the project is going to be about how people these days are losing their faith and you will all include a way people are helping the Church." She says in that voice that she does when she talks to her students. I bet she talks the same way to her grandchildren.

But me with Zayn? Oh my God this cannot be happening! I can't do this project with him after what I see him do to Marcel! Plus, he'll just make me do all the work. It's no secret he's failing.

I bet he'll try to sabotage my perfect grade! I'll trust him for a minute and then BAM, he can ruin our project...

"Hey babe." An familiar voice says. I look at the direction of the voice and slightly frown. Zayn takes a seat right next to me. Peter and Dena's eyes go wide and their necks go back, cringing. They look at each other with the same look like they are disgusted. The whole class stops talking and watches.

"You're going to have a fun time with this project." Zayn said while turning the end of the statement to sarcasm. I roll my eyes and stare at him in disgust as people whisper. I hate when people get so nosy!

"We're JUST doing to do the project Zayn." I say as Peter stands up to leave.

"Whatever you say baby," he says smirking as Liam snickers behind him. Before Dena could sass that dumb smirk right off his face, the bell rings.

"Right, so we will meet at the library in an hour to discuss the project. Bye now," I say turning to walk away so my hair flips with Peter and Dena at my side.

We walked into the hallway but Peter and Dena immediately talk trash.

"Yo he is so desperate like ew." Dena says.

"Yeah, like he better shut the fuck up," Peter says.

"Guys it's okay, I guess I'm just going to have to deal with him and do the whole project by myself." I say as Peter put on a face of disgust while Dena rolls her eyes.

"Ugh, Mrs. Craught is so stupid. Like she's old and cranky and need to retire...like real soon." Dena says in one statement. I nod my head trying to seem calm, but in the inside I'm freaking out.

What if he's just like that perv that tried to hurt me? No never mind, he IS that perv.

Ugh, I'll just deal with it.

The rest of the walk was really just Dena and Peter talking trash but I can't stop them. I actually agree with everything they say. We stop at our rooms and finish our conversation.

"Mhm I swear that woman is racist." Peter adding yet a mother ridiculous comment.

"Guys staaaahp," I say emphasizing the ah.

"Ok ok, bye Peter," Dena says waving goodbye before we go into our dorms. I smell food being cooked in the kitchen so I go where my nose tells me to go. Then there I see heaven.

Maddie is cooking, I mean actually cooking. I see ribs, salad, fried chicken, and lattes to go with it all. Dena and I just stand their with our jaws wide open.

Maddie turns around and gives us a big smile," You guys came just in time! Sit down, sit down," she says motioning towards the seats. We take a seat and she serves us. I look at Dena and she's still shocked but dives into the food like there's no tomorrow.

That's my girl.

I eat and Dena burps as I look at her with a disappointed look.

"Don't look at me," she says through giggles. I smile and look back down at my now empty plate. Wow that was perfect. Maddie stands there, pleased with our reactions to her cooking.