14: Stand Up

They were all staring at me.

What did I do? Oh my God I'm such a freak. I could already feel my cheeks getting warm and my fingers twitching. Biting my lip, I look down at my phone.

GOOD LOOKING: Don't worry, they're not looking anymore.

I sigh in relief as I look up and everyone started talking again.

ME: Y were they looking at me tho?

GOOD LOOKING: I was staring cuz you're gorgeous, everyone else was staring cuz u just laughed really loud. 😂

ME: Really? Omg I'm so embarrassed...

GOOD LOOKING: Don't be, U have a cute laugh.

ME: Thx 😊

GOOD LOOKING: You're welcome Angel

I can't help but smile to myself. This guy always finds a way to make me happy! If only I knew who he is...

I look back at my friends, who were already talking about the different stores they want to go to. To be honest, I only want to go to Forever 21.

"Yeah but I want to go to Hot Topic!" Dena says. Nothing can separate Dena and that store! It's not my type of shop since it is really punk though. I mean it's kind of depressing and the employees are either emo or goth teenagers. Dena seems to like it so I'll go in just to make her happy.

"And I want to go to Forever 21!" I say getting into the conversation. Honestly, I love that store, it just gets me. Dena doesn't like it because of all the colors and Peter just goes to the man section. I don't get anything colorful though. Like I said before, I have an edgy/grunge style.

"Did you die for the whole time we were talking?" Dena asks sarcastically. I laugh quietly before answering...

"No, it's just that someone was texting me."

Peter immediately looks betrayed and Dena stares at with disbelief.

"I thought we were your only friends!" Peter says obviously joking. I mean, I'm not that much of a loner right?

"Shush I have other friends! And it's kind of complicated with this person..." I say looking down at the floor.

"Whatcha mean bitch?" Dena says smirking. I try not to smile but I do anyway.

Shaking my head I say," I don't even know, like this random guy started texting me and-"

"Guy?" Peter asks with his eyes wide.

"Yeah it's a guy Peter, anyway so it was an unknown number and he just seems really nice. I mean he goes to college with us and he really likes me so why not give him a chance." I explain.

Peter is not impressed and Dena looks at me like I'm crazy.

"What if he's some kind of ax murderer?" Dena says.

"He's not I swear, he's actually here right now," and with that...Peter looks around for any boy that looks suspicious.

"Peter, I can see you." I say.

"Yeah, yeah okay come on guys let's go shopping!" He says in his best girl voice. Dena and I laugh together and we stand up to leave.

GOOD LOOKING: Goodbye Princess

ME: 😊 Bye! Ttyl

We walk around, looking for the good stores and Dena starts walking really fast in one direction. Oh God...I look up to see the familiar Hot Topic sign.

"Move faster you lazy asses," Dena says impatiently. I walk really slow so I quicken my pace and follow her into the store. There, Dena looks at all of the black tees. She walks around just scanning at everything and finally picks out fall out boy and Little Mix t-shirts.

She sets them at the counter waiting for an employee. A tall, depressed looking, messy hair, and icy blue eyes steps towards the counter and scans the shirts. Every now and then he glances at us.

"That will be $7.55." Dena takes her money out and pays. I step out of that store with shivers down my back. Ugh...creepy.

We stop at American Eagle and Aeropostale and I buy a few slightly cropped tops. I don't like to wear the ones up to my belly button because it would be like me copying the same desperate girls in high school. Anyway, one top is silk with blue and white stripes and then I bought a grey shirt that says "New Yorker." It's longer on the back than on the front which I thought was cool.

I walk out of Aeropostale with a smile and we keep on walking. Finally after all that shopping...I see heaven. I start running like never before and head into into my favorite store. Forever 21 just gets me.

Not even looking at Peter and Dena I go to every single corner, scanning everything. In then end, I think I would've bought everything in the shop. I didn't have enough money to so I got as much black flannels, grey, white, or black slightly cropped tops or tees, and some comfort clothes like sweatpants. I get a fedora and then I buy some high-black wedges.

I take my four bags that are full of clothes and skip out of there with a huge smile on my face. It was such a shame to leave.

I snap out of my thoughts when Dena runs to me hugging me tight.

"I missed you Naty." She whispers. I laugh knowing I was probably there for an hour. She releases me and grins.

"You were in there for a long damn time, God." Peter says almost looking worried. I shrug and we walk around just talking. I look down at my phone and it's 5:15.

"Hey guys. We should head to Starbucks now." I say. They agree and we walk to the luxurious place. Okay, I may be over exaggerating but I do love my coffee.

Peter and Dena get in line first since they are faster than me and I wait behind them.

Suddenly I hear a man say,"The Angel, Natalie."

I'm confused so I walk towards the employee. I hear a DING and I look down at my phone.

GOOD LOOKING: You're welcome, Angel