3: One Thing

In the car I immediately change the radio to Pop. Thinking Out Loud comes out and I sway from side to side throughout the song. I absolutely love the video for it.

What if I was the girl and Harry was Ed Sheeran? My head on his chest as we move with the romantic song. He leans down and takes my face in his hands so it can face his. Then his soft lips comes down to mine and sparks fly...

I get lost into my thoughts until I realized I was about to drive through a red light. I stomp onto the brakes not wanting to cause an accident. My head landing on the air bag.

"Uhhhhhh," I groan against it. I quickly took the instructions and took care of it.

I guess that's what I get for distracting myself with useless ideas.

I was only a block away from my house so I tried my best not to get too into Sam Smith's song, Like I Can. I parked in the driveway and took out the keys once the song was over. What? I just can't interrupt Sam Smith like that!

I quickly looked at the old house. I have so many memories here, from when I was two and to when I left for college. My dad agreed to help me pack the rest of my stuff since I stayed there in the summer. It's really weird that I'm the only one with my only dorm, but that's going to change this year.

When I opened the door which was left open for me, I was welcomed greatly.

"Hi Naty" my sister says as she gives me a huge fake hug. Yeah that's my sister. Trying to look all nice and lovely in front of my parents. When we are alone together, she acts like I'm not even her sister but a complete stranger. I didn't care though. I love her anyways even if it doesn't look like it.

Through my childhood, she hasn't changed a bit. I mean maybe physically but she still wears little kitty sweaters with kitty leggings that don't even match. She's always wanted to wear makeup like me but she just can't pull it off. She still watches gamers on YouTube and has almost no friends. That's the reason why she always wants to do everything with me or my friends.

"Hey Sophia," I say as I try to make the hug real. But still, she's the first one to pull away.

"Hey my little baby," my dad says giving me a huge hug. I love it when my dad gives me hugs. They make me feel special.

My dad is a tall man that likes to shave. He has one green eye and brown eye which I always thought was cool. He has a black mustache with little bits of white matching the curly hair on his head and his bushy eyebrows. He is a little chubby but that only makes the hugs better.

My dad doesn't like to go to Church but only because he doesn't think it's necessary. He likes to just pray by himself everyday. In a way he has a special connection to God which rubbed off on me. My dad has the personality that he thinks that he's always right, but he is a very funny person.

I think our differences do cause us to argue a lot though. I complain like my mom about everything and he likes to be determined in things. Sometimes if I feel like I don't like something and that I'm doing a bad job in it, yeah I'll quit. Which kind of reminds me why I switched to regular math this year.

I let go of him to see my little mom running over to hug me. Yes, I said little. I mean she is 5,1. By the time I was in sixth grade, I was taller than her.

"Hello, Naty," my mom says happily.

Ah, yes. My mom's accent never went away. She understands English completely when people are talking to her but she just has problems pronouncing the vowels.

I've always felt more connected to my mom. We would always gossip about people in my grade and she would listen and give me the best advice. In Colombia, she was a very good student. Her family was poor so all she ever did was study. If she hanged out with her friends then it was just to study.